Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, October 06, 2008

Becka's Newest Toy

Yes, DH loves me... Yes, DH loves me. Yes, DH loves me... for my iPhone tells me so! :D

Yes, that's right, DH gave me an early birthday present this weekend, my very own iPhone 3G:



I've wanted an iPhone for a long time, pretty much ever since DH got his about a year ago. Thing is, I'm not really a "gadget" person, and put off getting one for myself because I thought it would be too much for me.

Turns out, this phone is exactly what I need. My old cell phone was this archaic flip phone from like 1950 or something (lol). Texting on it was a PITA, as you had to press the number buttons a few times to get to the "letter" on that button. Gah. I always forgot the thing, and never charged it, because I never used it.

But the iPhone is so much more than just a PHONE. Sure, I don't have many people to call, and I basically have a "phone" just so I can make the random phone call or when something "bad" might happen - flat tire, dead battery, etc. But this gadget lets me connect to the Internet. No matter where I am, I can check email, visit my websites, check the news, play games, listen to music on the built in iPod feature...

With all the bells and whistles, it pretty much ensures that I'll keep it charged and with me at all times, much to DH's relief. Every time he calls me, I never answer, because like I said, the phone was never charged, or I forgot it at home. :P I don't think I'll be doing that anymore!

Woohoo! I have been assimilated!

~~Becka

2 Comments:

At 11:21 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

Phone envy is so pathetic. I have a Treo. I heart my phone, but I do lust for the iPhone. It's sad really.

Happy Birthday. You deserve it.

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

Lucky!!
I am not sure I would be able to handle a gadget that was so high tech. I would be calling people by accident and sending out scandalous emails at the same time :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home