Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Latest Booksigning

Well, my latest booksigning, held on Fri. Sept. 19th, was a success! Due largely to the fact I wasn't alone in my endeavor. :P There were a lot of other authors present, and I sat between two sweeties, Lacy Danes and Megan Clark. There were hoards of ladies swarming the tables, and I had a few good talks with some of them. My friends showed up for support, and I talked with them for awhile. They took some good picks, both of me and of my books on the shelf.

I was surprised by the amount of books they had of *mine* on the shelf. They had at least 10 copies EACH of the entire series of The Legends of Mynos, not to mention about 10 copies of my latest book, CURSED HEARTS. Here's a picture one of my friends took from the rack of books written by all the authors at the signing:


All the other authors had like one or two books on the shelf. The only other author's books to rival mine was, of course, the lovely and beautiful Meljean Brook. :) She came over to our side of the signing (the tables were set up like a horseshoe and she sat on the other side from me) to say hi to her friend Megan Clark. Megan then showed off my awesome cover for CURSED HEARTS to Meljean, which Megan said she thinks is the best cover at Samhain to date (that was cool). While they both were drooling over the two men on my cover, Meljean decided to buy my book! :D So awesome.

So, I signed her copy, then bought myself a copy of her latest book DEMON NIGHT, because we were all drooling over her cover model as well. :P Haha!

Then, after all the hubbub, the booksigning coordinator for Powell's Beaverton came over to me and said, "I don't know if Minnette told you (Minnette Meador, my great friend who makes sure I'm in the know about local events), but we've chosen THE WOLVERINE AND THE ROSE as our October book for our book club! If you'd like to come in on Oct. 17th and maybe give a reading, you're more than welcome!"

At this point, I think I fell out of my chair. Well, metaphorically speaking. They chose MY book for their book club? POWELL'S BOOKS?!?

Sure, it's not the *same* store as Powell's City of Books, the big-ass bookstore in downtown Portland, but it *is* an offshoot. In fact, these same ladies I signed with the other day are doing another signing around Valentine's Day (not sure where, though).

On top of another signing I'll be doing at this same Powell's in December, with just Minnette and myself.

Dang, I feel like I'm going on a book tour! Too cool for words. Now I just need to write a book for New York and have my books sold in super markets and Wal-Marts across the country! LOL

~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Luann said...

How totally exciting! I'm so happy this book signing event was a success. Very cool that your book was chosen for Powell's book club too. You're moving on up in the book world and I'm thrilled for you! Love, Mom

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

I know I'm lame and so late getting to this because I'm horridly behind catching up on my blog hopping. I got to meet Meljean at RWA and she's a gem. So genuine and sweet.

What a coup for you to be book of the month! October is here and you are the Queen!

 
At 1:25 AM , Blogger Becka said...

Heya, Rosie! Long time, no see! :D It was funny, when Meljean wanted my book, I had NO IDEA what to write when I signed it. LOL I don't even remember what I wrote. Heh But she is a sweetheart, and her daughter is beautiful.

And I know, how awesome is it to be the book of the month at POWELL'S?? Too dang cool! :D

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home