Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #22 ~ 13 Items on My Desk



My DH frequently laments at the chaotic state of my desk. However, creative minds are usually chaotic, are they not? Have you ever seen a picture of Ray Bradbury's office? He can barely walk in there. I'd be willing to bet most writers find inspiration in their clutter. I know I do. ;) So here are some of the things I have scattered about my desk...

1.) A coffeemug filled with pens/pencils. I got this mug after I did an AM talk radio show right after my article in the Argus. It was surreal and awesome at the same time. The mug says, "I survived Don McCoun on Washington County Today". :P

2.) Two sets of stackable plastic shelves chock full of papers, paid bills, and various items. I hate filing. lol

3.) A box of 100 paperclips.

4.) A stapler.

5.) Two empty Caffeine Free Diet Coke cans.

6.) One Maleficent plushy (I got at Disney World)

7.) Two AA batteries. Are they good or bad? Who knows.

8.) The cordless phone.

9.) Watercolor paintings my children made for me yesterday.

10.) Lessons from the workbooks of my children's school-time books (I homeschool)

11.) A Gamecube CD of Mario Party 6.

12.) A porceline teddy bear statue dressed in her Sunday finery.

13.) A tiny, blown glass dragon.

I can literally go on and on... A pair of Black Hills gold earrings I can't wear because my ears have closed up. A plastic pencil box filled with my kids' crayons. Pair of scissors. A romance novel I thought was cheesy to say the least (how DID that author get pubbed by NY again and again...and AGAIN?!?) My author event dayplanner. CD cases. Stickers. D&D dice (one 20 sided, one 10 sided). Small notebook. My journal. My author stamps. A headband.

Now you know the chaos that is Becka's desk. LOL

~~Becka

http://www.RebeccaGoings.com


14 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

That sounds pretty reasonable considering you home school. I haven't seen the top of my desk in years...I file by the inch.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger *Rae* said...

Care to trade desks lol I have a ton of stuff on the top of it even when I file I still end up with a pile of papers..I know fore sure I need a bigger pen /marker holder lol the poor jar is over flowing Happy TT

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Country Dawn said...

I just sent my littles to kindergarten... I miss homeschooling... *sigh*

 
At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where'd you get the Black Hills Gold earrings? (asks the woman who lives in the Black Hills)

I cleaned my desk this week after seeing Jennie Crusie's online challenge...

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love lists like these..Thanks!

Another contest starting tomorrow at Random thought, lasting 7 days..its pretty easy and I have some great prizes!!!

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Sandee said...

My desk is awful. I bet I could match or exceed your mess. Great list and have a great TT. :)

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound so bad. It does remind me, however, that I need to remove some old papers from my desk (to the floor, lol).

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What do you write? I homeschool too. It's an adventure, isn't it? Is your desk at home?

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Sniz,

I write romance, all kinds of sub-genres, from paranormal, to fantasy, to historical, to contemporary. My website is at:

http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

And yes, homeschooling is quite the adventure. Right now, I'm only doing 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and preschool, and I'm desperately trying NOT to think about high school. LOL

Hopefully by the time my kids are in high school, they'll have some kind of cool online courses they can take. Not looking forward to Trig, Chemistry, or Biology. I REFUSE to disect anything in my house. :P

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Becka

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Oh, and yes, my desk is at home. In my office slash guest room. :)

~~Becka

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Lorelei,

The Black Hills gold earrings came from a necklace/earring set DH bought me for Mother's Day (I'm currently wearing the necklace.) The necklace is a cross with some leaves in the center and the earrings are just the leaves.

He bought them in a jewelry store inside Fred Meyer, our big Oregon answer to the Super Wal-marts. LOL

~~Becka

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Vicki Gaia said...

I also have several goddess statues on my desk, along with my files, laptop, stack of 'to do' stuff, more files...

 
At 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a big paperclip box too, and a mug full of pens and pencils.

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Misty DawnS said...

Wow, this so sounds like me and my desk! If I put stuff away, I won't know where it's at, ya know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home