Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, January 18, 2007

When it Rains, it Pours

Here I was, minding my own business, when I got a phone call this morning. Come to find out it's a local talk radio station. And guess what? They saw my article in the Argus this week and want me on their show!!

To make a long story short, I'm going in tomorrow (Friday) to talk to them between 8am - 9am on a show called "Washington County Today", which is a talk show about the happenings in Hillsboro and around Washington County.

Can you believe that?! Talk about out of the BLUE!

Their frequency is 1360 AM, KUIK, so if any of you live in the Hillsboro/Portland area, tune in tomorrow! It's an early show, I know, but I'm still excited. How awesome! I've never been on the radio before (aside from winning concert tickets and announcing my Work Day Triple Play selections I had won. LOL) And those instances were just over the phone.

I get to actually go down there to the studio and talk into the microphone this time!! I hope I don't sound like a tool on the radio. LOL I'm excited, and extremely nervous at the same dang time. :P



WOOHOO!!! I thank the Good Lord every day for steering my career in positive directions. I truly believe it is not I Who is driving. :)

~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Well, I survived. The station is going to be mailing me a CD of the show, as well as emailing a friend of mine the MP3 version of it. I'll see about putting it online for people to hear.

Oddly enough, I wasn't nervous, because it was just me and the host in the room, talking at a table that just happened to have a microphone attached, so it was really laid back and I was able to just talk and not worry about "how many people" were listening.

I think all of my local friends tuned in and they loved it. How awesome! :D

Rebecca Goings, celebrity extraordinaire--in Hillsboro, Oregon. :P

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home