Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, August 14, 2006

Life is a Series of Illnesses

Okay, seriously. Y'all must be just as tired of me saying "I'm sick" as I'm tired of typing it. I can hear some of you grumbling out there, wondering if I'm shouting "wolf" or playing hookey. Or maybe I'm a hypochondriac? I dunno. :P

The sad truth is, I've been sick more times this year that I have in years past. I wonder why that is? Granted, in years past, I've been struck down by the harsher maladies, such as "Walking Pneumonia" and "Acute Labyrinthitis" (no snickering), however, 2006 seems to be "the year of the cold". Is there such a year on the Chinese calendar? Cause I think this is it.

I sometimes feel like that story in the Bible when Pharoah ordered the Israelites to make bricks without straw, but their daily quota of bricks could not diminish. Well, I'm not an "Israelite", but I'm a mom, and I don't make bricks, but I do the dishes/laundry/cleaning/schooling and I don't need straw, but I do need my health. LOL Perhaps that was a bad analogy. hehe But it's a sad fact that regardless of how you feel and how badly you want to curl up on the couch and rest, the world doesn't stop at your feet. :P

But my DH, sweetheart that he is, made dinner for the family tonight. Blueberry pancakes, complete with thick, crunchy bacon (the best kind) and whipped cream. It was yummy in my tummy and *almost* made the day bearable.

On a brighter note, I was able to bang out 10 more pages of the book I'm writing; the second in my B.E.A.S.T. trilogy. Woohoo!

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home