Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, December 28, 2008

No Baby Yet, But...

I've had some pretty good contractions this morning. They did indeed taper off (darn it all), but they were strong with lots of pressure. I'm still having a few off and on, but they're not painful as much as it's downward pressure. Probably just some intense Braxton Hicks.

Aside from that, I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow for my non-stress test and I'm going to ask her if she can induce me early.

I know, I know, January 3rd isn't that far off (next Saturday!) but seriously, DH just got a new job, and we don't have our health insurance cards or even our member numbers yet (which the hospital will need to bill them) so I'm kind of in between a rock and a hard place. We paid for Cobra this month to keep our current insurance, but that's up on the 31st. We'd like to avoid paying hundreds of dollars to Cobra again just for a few days in early January. DH thought he'd get his new health insurance information by now, but he hasn't, which means... what exactly?

Well, according to his new job, we ARE covered. We have health insurance right now through them. But they haven't given us cards or numbers as I stated above, and I really don't want to deal with the CF *THAT* would mean with a two-day hospital stay and trying to get new insurance sorted with no information to give them. Aside from the fact of new deductibles and/or co-pays and/or premiums we've already paid through the old Cobra insurance.

If I can convince my doc to induce me before the end of December, I could avoid all this.

Now, I know it's cutting it down to the wire. We thought we'd have his health cards by now, which is why we waited. But now that it's after Christmas and fast approaching New Year's and we don't have them, it's a mad scramble to figure out what to do.

So I'm going to talk to my doctor about it. Maybe it won't be a big deal. Perhaps they'll be able to verify our new coverage with just DH's name and SS#. Or, perhaps the doc will be amicable to inducing early. Maybe by some miracle, we'll get our new cards sometime this week (crosses fingers). I tried to get a hold of my doctor earlier than NOW, believe me I did. But she was on vacation, and due to the snow, the doc's office was totally shut down, so there was no one else to talk to.

I hate crap that's down to the wire like this, but what can you do? BIG DRAMATIC SIGH

Anyhow, that's my update. Next time I blog, I may or may not have a new daughter and an interesting story to tell. :)



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home