Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, December 08, 2008

Went to the Doc Today

Today was the first of my twice-weekly doctor visits to be hooked up to the baby monitor. They're measuring the fetal heartbeat to make sure it has ups and downs, basically, whether the baby is active or lethargic in there.

The doc told me in 20 minutes time, they like to see about 2 or more ups and downs in baby's heart rate, but at least 2. Sophie had about 25 spikes! The doctor said that was a very active baby. :P She scheduled my induction date on January 3rd at 8am, just in case I don't go into labor on my own. She did say if I went into labor right now, she wouldn't stop it. Baby is growing just fine, and in fact, the doctor busted out the sonogram machine and confirmed the baby had dropped with her head down (hence all my painful pelvic...pain. lol). While she was looking around on the sonogram, she could see Sophie "practicing" her breathing, with her little chest puffing in and out. So cute!

Since the baby has dropped, she did mention I could go into labor at any time, but it's no guarantee that I will go into labor on my own. Some women can "drop" a few weeks before they give birth while others don't "drop" until they're in labor. I'm seriously hoping it's sooner rather than later. Despite having an early baby, I kind of want the whole hullabaloo over with before Christmas.

Ah well. She'll come when she's ready. If not in December, at least by the beginning of January. Assuming I don't spontaneously go into labor, Sophie should be here in 26 to 27 days! Little less than 4 weeks. :) Woohoo! There IS a light at the end of this LOOOOONG tunnel. :D

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home