Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Had a Great Baby Shower!

My good friends Joleine and Michelle threw me and my other good friend Val a baby shower this past Saturday.  A good time was had by all, and both Val and I received some awesome fat loots.

I got lots of outfits for Sophie, most of which are Classic Pooh, which I love.  An awesome tie-dye onesie/hat/pants outfit specially ordered, along with many footies, socks, and other hats.  I also scored some fluffy blankies, none of which were duplicates - a green Pooh, pink Pooh, and purple fuzzy blankie I wish they made in adult size.

I got the bouncy I'd registered for (although my registry at Target was apparently ONLY online, not available in the stores, bugger all.  I don't know why, though, as I WENT IN to the store to register...  GRR)  and also a shelving unit that rolls on wheels that stores diapers, wipes, blankets, towels, etc.  Pretty cool!

Speaking of diapers, Joleine made me an awesome tiered "cake" of diapers.  She'd taken a cardboard cake holder and placed rolled up diapers around the perimeter, secured with rubber bands, then placed a smaller cardboard cake holder on top of that, doing it again, and finally a third time.  In the middle of the diapers, she placed a bottle, a bib, some socks, baby shampoo, Desitin, etc. secured with some pink ribbon (placed strategically so as not to see the rubber bands around the diapers), then wrapped the entire thing in cellophane.  Totally an awesome idea.  Val and I were both in awe of the three tiered diaper tower.  :D

We played some fun games, both blindfolded.  The first was to spoon cotton balls into a bowl, the player with the most wins.  Not as easy as it may sound.  The second was to identify tiny gold safety pins from uncooked rice.  They all feel the same!  So weird!

Yummy food was had, homemade pasta salad, deviled eggs, croissant sandwiches, crackers and veggies with dip, not to mention a super nummy punch I probably had too much of.  Heheh

After the shower, DH and I decided to go to Target and purchase the items we didn't receive.  We bought mundane things such as shampoo and diaper rash cream, along with more bibs, hats, spit-up rags, bottles, formula, baby monitors & a baby gate for our stairs.  We've found a swing that we want (but it was sold out at our local Target) and I still need to buy a bath tub that will fit in our sink until baby is old enough to sit up on her own.  Aside from all that, I do believe we're finally ready for this little one whenever she decides to come!  Both mentally and materialistically.  :)

~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Luann said...

It sounds like you had a terrific shower! That's wonderful. Your Target registry worked for me in the store. I printed it out at two different locations here (Victorville and Apple Valley) - it worked like a charm. Some of Sophie's Christmas gifts are off that list. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home