Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Random Ponderings...

I'm officially 7 months pregnant - into the final stretch - the third trimester. Baby is about 15 - 16 inches long and weighing in at about 2 1/2 pounds. I'm going to have another ultrasound on Wednesday to measure the size of the baby and the location of the placenta. Last ultrasound, it was 2 cm away from my cervix. Apparently, it can float away during pregnancy and attach itself elsewhere, so they want to monitor that and see where it goes (if it goes).

What's really weird is despite feeling the baby kick and my expanding waistline, and having to make a 3-point turn in bed just to roll over, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact there's a baby in there! I guess it's just been so long since I've been pregnant. But it's not much longer before we'll have a new little one in the family! My mom-in-law just sent us off our gifties of a new carseat/stroller combo and a pack-n-play.

Friends are talking about throwing me a baby shower and I need to go buy some stuff as well. I just want to be prepared. I'll probably buy some newborn diapers, wipes, and some onesies and jammies. At least we'll have the carseat - that's a big load off! (Thanks, Mom! :D)

Aside from baby news, I just recently went to a book club meeting to discuss my book THE WOLVERINE AND THE ROSE with the ladies at Powell's Books in Beaverton. Pretty awesome, I've got an "in" over there. The lady who coordinates the book club is also the same woman who does the signings AND who orders the romance novels for the store. So she told me to send her all my ISBN info on my other print books and she'll order them. They love to support local authors, and I think that's just fabulous! :D

It's too awesome to say I've got books on the shelves at Powell's! :D Just need to conquer Powell's downtown next...

I got my cover for my latest book coming soon! It will be released in November from Champagne Books, and it's entitled ONCE A DREAMER. Here it is along with the blurb:



When her adoptive mother dies in a bank shootout, orphan Karina Vadislav is sent to live with Patrick Baker, her uncle in Dodge City, Kansas. After years of abuse, she flees, meeting Benjamin Sawyer, a gambler with a sordid past. He agrees to help her claim her inheritance in Topeka, posing as her husband to keep her safe.


But there are men who are out for Ben’s blood and will stop at nothing to see him dead. Coupled with Karina’s bloodthirsty uncle, neither of them is safe on the trail.


When bullets fly and truths are revealed, will Ben and Karina’s fragile love survive the ultimate betrayal?

~*~*~

Anyhow, that's all for now!

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home