Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

NIGHTWISH & SONATA ARCTICA!!!

DH and I just purchased tickets to go see a concert I am SO TOTALLY EXCITED about!!!

Nightwish is coming back to Portland, and they're bringing Sonata Arctica with them!





If you're not familiar with either one of these bands, I'm sorry.

:( They're gothic rock, singing "epic" ballads complete with double-bass drums and full-on strings and horns in some songs.

Back when I was doing my book videos to promote my books, I used Nightwish's songs for all three Legends of Mynos videos, so you might remember them from awhile back. I saw them in concert last year, as a matter of fact, and I told DH they are a must-see band. I will see them every time they come to town.

Why?

Well, because when they sing, even though it's gothic rock, there isn't any demonic references, there's no religious references at all, actually, the make-up isn't overdone in black eye-shadow, they don't act all pissed off, and in fact, they seemed genuinely happy to be there and SMILED as they rocked. Totally awesome.

And, I'd just like to add, one of Sonata Arctica's bandmembers plays the keytar, which is so full of WIN, my head is going to asplode. :P

So, if you're in Portland, OR on Sept. 10th at the Roseland watching the Nightwish/Sonata Arctica concert, come say hi. I'll be on the mezzanine drooling over Tuomas. ;)

~~Becka

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger Donica Covey said...

I'm so totally jealous I can't begin to express it! I would LOVE to be there. You know they are two of my FAVORITE bands!

I'm begging you, come kidnap me and bring me back with you! I won't each much, I promise. You won't even know I'm there!

BTW you've been TAGGED!
Hugz
Donica

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Becka said...

LOL Doni! I'd come get you if I could. I'll be thinking of you, though, as I'm rocking out. Thanks a lot for the tag. *grumble*

:)

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home