Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I've Been Tagged - *sigh*

Donica Covey tagged me in the comments section of the post below, so I guess I'm "obligated" to do this blog meme or something. *sigh* Here are the rules:

This is an Unspectacular Meme. Here’s the details: First, the rules: 1) Link to the person that tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) List six unspectacular quirks you have. 4) Tag six bloggers by linking them. 5) Leave a comment on each person's blog to let them know they've been tagged.

1. I homeschool my kids. Might have already known that, but some people don't. I have four of them, aged 9, 8, 6, & 5, with one on the way (obviously). So far, it's still pretty easy. We'll see how it goes when they get into the higher grades.

2. I taught myself how to crochet about 10 years ago, and now, I'm teaching my three daughters how to crochet. My oldest is really good at it, making hair bobbles, pillows, scarves, etc. My second daughter is still trying to get the hang of it, while my third daughter mastered the single crochet just this weekend. Found a lot of cool tutorial videos on You Tube recently. Might have to check them out! But I hold my hook over-handed like a steak knife, not under-handed, like a pencil. Those of you who crochet by holding your hook like a pencil, how do you do that?!?

3. On sunny days, I go out and sit on my deck for a little while, spending some quiet time outside with my kitties, who also love to bask in the sun. It's a great time to think without any interruptions.

4. I hate sneezing. I don't know why, but I get really annoyed when I have to do it. Probably because my sneezes come in twos, and once I sneeze, I'm destined to sneeze again, so having a conversation whilst sneezing is no fun. Really, doing anything while sneezing is no fun. I just can't stand it!

5. I'm pregnant, and three of my girlfriends are pregnant as well! Valerie and Karen are both the same gestational age as me - all three of our babies are due on either Jan 9th or 10th of '09. Monica is just recently pregnant and is due in April of '09. The funny thing is, all of our hubbies are best friends and have been for years. Kevin, Chris, Jim and Damon all used to work at Disneyland back in the day. Now none of them do, but I think we've all retained our Partners Federal Credit Union accounts. :P

6. I love cats. When I was a kid, I used to be a dog person. I had three of them and played with them all the time. But as I grew up, something changed, and I now like cats more than dogs. In fact, if I wasn't married with kids, I'd probably be the "Crazy Cat Lady" in my neighborhood. LOL As it is, we have three cats and only one dog. We recently rescued a cat that nobody else wanted from DH's work. I figured it's better she come to us than go take her chances at the shelter. Her name is Penelope, and she's an all white cat, just like our other cat Spike. But she's a LOT fatter (lol) so it's not hard to tell them apart. It took her a while to acclimate to us (I don't think she'd ever seen a dog before, and our big dumb dog trying to chase her for fun probably didn't do much to bolster her courage...) but now she's pretty social. She's still skiddish, but she's a good kitty. But I've got to be careful, though. If I actually *go* to the shelter, I want to adopt ALL the babies! :P

I'm actually breaking the rules of this meme and not forwarding it on to anyone. Why? Because it's effort and I'm lazy and I don't necessarily like sharing memes. :P I guess that's #7 on my mundane list.

~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM , Blogger Christopher said...

I nuked the Partners account. =(

It was inconvenient to get the joint name off it, so I just got rid of it. My current bank is 1st Tech CU around the corner from your house.

Gogo Internet! I can bank from 1000 miles away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home