Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, August 25, 2008

Holy Fat Pregnant Woman, Batman!

Okay, so I get out of the shower this morning and put on my black jeans - they're not Maternity jeans, they're just my "medium" fat pants. (Yes, I have small, medium, and large fat pants LOL). Since my belly has grown round and outward, I have been wearing my medium and large fat pants, despite the fact I can pull them down my hips without unzipping them. (Well, my large fat pants, anyway.)

As I was putting on my black jeans, I noticed how much the front flaps overlap and I thought to myself, "Hmm. I wonder, just for the heck of it, if I can still fasten my small fat pants?

Mind you, I haven't worn these pants for about 2 1/2 months due to the assumption there's no way I'd be able to zip them over the massive, expanding waistline. I was wrong! Pulled them out of the back of my closet, blew off the dust, stepped into them and ZZIIPP!! No problem at all.

Now, they're not as comfortable in the belly as they once were BP (Before Pregnancy), but it's not uncomfortably tight, either. However, I must say, they fit sooo much better in the leg/butt area, that I no longer feel like MC Hammer! :P

Anyhow, I thought I would brag that yes, I am still losing weight even though I'm pregnant and most women gain. I've been doing a good job at maintaining my weight, but this weekend, I saw a couple of significant dips on the scale.

So, I'm 20 weeks pregnant, 5 months along, and I can still fit into my small fat pants! Woohoo! Yes, they're still "fat pants" (lol), but it makes me wonder if I'd be even a size or two smaller than these pants without growing bebe. I guess only birth will tell. :)

~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM , Blogger Luann said...

Becka, You are awesome woman! Maintaining weight while pregnant is pretty darn good, but you continue to lose and that is incredible!!!! You go, girl!!! Love, Mom

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Becka said...

LOL Thanks, Mom! Not exercising to my videos, however, I try to walk a lot when I go to the store, lately been walking around the shopping center to visit several stores at one time, and today, I walked to the Safeway from home to get some groceries - basically because I had to, Jim took the kids' carseats in the Maxima to work this morning by accident, and I NEEDED a few things.

But hey, we all needed the exercise! Figured it was almost two miles that I walked today, so that's a good thing! A little bit of the sidewalk is in now. It's going to be sweet when the entire sidewalk is finished. :)

~~Becka

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

that's awesome becka. i know what you mean about having different size fat pants and then skinny jeans for me have been a thing of the past for a while now but i am still holding on to them for some strange reason. maybe someday i will get motivated to get back into them. seriously though to be able to do that at this point 5 kids down the road is amazing. usually my body first week prego goes , oh yeah i remember this size and , pop!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home