Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!

Had my big ultrasound yesterday to measure the size and overall health of the baby, and we were able to find out the gender. It is a girl! Very obvious, as the tech checked three times, and the last time, the baby opened her legs and gave the tech a nice spread-eagle, showing the goods (or lack thereof). :P

Levi, my son, was disappointed to say the least, and squawked a bit after the tech left the room to develop the pictures, but after a few hugs, he stopped his blubbering. He felt better when the tech gave him and my daughters each their own picture of the best baby profile pic.

The cool thing about these pics is they are on 8 1/2 X 11 sheets of photo-quality paper, not the crappy ultrasound ticker-tape we've all seen. DH took them to work today to scan them, so hopefully I'll be able to show them off soon enough.

Baby is 10 ounces and about 10 inches long at the moment from crown to feet. I can feel her rolling around in there all the time now. She's very active, and even on the ultrasound, she was rolling everywhere, as if she wanted OUT! LOL I wonder if the babies can actually hear those ultrasound waves...

Anyhow, I'm about 19 1/2 weeks along right now, this weekend marks the midway point of my pregnancy! Woohoo! Baby is due on January 10th, 2009, and her name is: Sophie Grace Goings.

Just Sophie, not Sophia. I think we like Sophie better because the accent for the name is on the "o", whereas in Sophia, the accent is on the "i", making the pronunciation a little different. Besides, "Sophia" makes me think of an older woman, but Sophie makes me think of a cutsie little baby! :D

I just registered today at Target. Only thing I didn't put on there is the carseat/stroller combo I want to buy. Figured I should buy that myself and make sure I get the model I want.

Anyway, just a quick baby update! Yay for ultrasounds!

~~Becka

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

Luann emailed me the news yesterday. I waltzed right down to her office to let her know what an awesome name you have chosen. It's just the coolest. Many, many congratulations.

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Thanks, Rosie! Everyone we've told (so far) have liked the name, some even gushing over it, a much better scenario than when we told people our other children's names.

We got much flack for "Miriam" and "Levi" from the fam - my side, not DH's side.

And for those of you keeping score, that's four girls, one boy for the Goingses. :)

~~Becka

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger LisaBisa said...

Congratulations!

A sweet little girl. :) That's wonderful.

I love the name...but I love all your name choices. :)

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

congratulations. so does that mean 4 girls one Boy? great name btw. i love grace paired with anything. so pretty.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Noel, yup! Four girls, only one boy. :)

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home