Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Becka's Got a Brand New 'Do

Oh yeah, who went to an actual SALON today for the first time? Why that would be me. Yes, ladies, I have NEVER been to a real salon. I've only ever been to the SuperCuts or the Great Clips, the el cheapo hair-cutting places. This place I went to today was recommended by a friend and it was awesome. I needed a change. For years, I've had longer hair, swept up into a ponytail much to my husband's horror. He loves it when I wear my hair down. Problem is, I never did. Too long--gets in my face, too hot--gotta get it off my neck. Never did anything with it, because I have the whispy kinda hair that falls right out of a braid, and I don't know jack about hair products, nor do I want to learn or buy them.

You see, I'm lazy bones. I ain't gonna do the mousse and the gel and the VO5 and all that jazz. I wanna shower, towel, done. I got more important things to do than my hair, like write books for example. LOL

So it's literally been 10 years since I had my hair cut and colored by someone else other than myself or my DH... Yes, he'd color my hair. :P Aw.... But that's beside the point. Anyhow, you've all seen this picture by now, and if you haven't, this is the pic I've been circulating as my author pic. It's me from 2003, but even so, nothing much changed in the last few years. LOL



So you think to yourself: That's not bad. And it's not. If it hadn't been my look for a bajillion years. You see, I haven't been blonde since high school. After I got married, I decided to "go red", and I haven't had a color other than auburn for many years. So, I decided to go blonde this time. And shorter. Much shorter. In fact, I can NO LONGER even put my hair in a ponytail, it's that short. But now, it has so much body, that it literally bobs up and down when I walk, and I'm not even trying to be stuck-up! LOL Check me out NOW:



Woowoo! DH says I'm 100% better with this new 'do, and I gotta agree with him. I love love LOVE it. It's shorter in the back than it is in the front, and I can curl the ends to flip out if I want, rather than flipping in like they are in the pic. I love this new hair and I'm going to have a lot of fun with it this summer. DH can't keep his eyes off me now! **ggg**

Awesome. I'm a hottie! Who knew? :P

~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger LisaBisa said...

I loooove it!!

It looks really awesome. I actually had that haircut a couple of summers ago, it slimmed my face right down, and was very fun.

Have fun with your fancy new 'do!

 
At 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new do. It's awesome. Do you feel like a sexy mama now?

Michelle

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Becka said...

I totally feel sexy now. In fact, I've started to wear make-up again. *gasp!* Yup, it's true. :P Not anything drastic, just a little liner, some mascara and light lipstick.

And you know what? I've noticed MEN looking at me now when they didn't used to before. I'm not lyin'. I really do think blondes have more fun, seriously.

Or maybe it's just the fact that now I feel so great with this new hair that I'm confident and it shows. I think beauty can be much deeper than a pretty face. If you believe you're sexy and smile often without "trying" to attract attention, there's just a quality about you that shines.

And I think feeling good about myself has strengthened my self image a bit, therefore projecting itself in public to others.

I put lipstick on the other day and my kids were all, "Wow, Mom, you look like a supermodel!" LOL Even the guy at the Karate dojo I go to stopped and stared for like a full 30 seconds. I've never gotten such "male" attention before. I've had a few men glance at me--more than once now.

It's so weird to be noticed by the opposite sex as more than just a "frumpy mom", you know? It's cool, and strokes the ol' ego, but it's still weird nonetheless.

I'm keeping this damn hairstyle for a LONG time! Hahahah!

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home