Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, January 19, 2007

Becka's Hottie of the Week

I usually try to choose my Hottie's of the Week from something I saw or did through the week. This week, I have been planning my son's 4th birthday party, which just so happens to be tomorrow (Saturday). I'm theming the party, the whole nine. And he's going to have a great time.

And this week's Hottie was pulled directly from my son's birthday theme. :)

This man has been known most of his life as a sex symbol. We first saw him in the 80's, and drooled over him, either with pin-ups of his face on our bedroom walls from Teen Magazine, or we at least KNEW of someone who pinned up his face on their bedroom walls.





I am talking, of course, about Mr. Johnny Depp.





I don't know what it is about him. His boyish smile? The light in his eyes? His sultry voice? Or his eclectic taste in movies? I must say I have not watched ALL of Depp's movies. But he has the ability to act, amazingly, instead of being just another pretty face. You can believe he's different characters, unlike "wooden" actors such as George Clooney, who is Dr. Ross from ER fame in EVERY role he plays (with the exception of "O Brother Where Art Thou?" which is in a class all it's own, but we're not talking about George right now. :P).

I don't remember the first movie I saw Johnny Depp in. But I can remember the really GOOD ones.

Benny & Joon (I really need to watch this again.)
Edward Scissorhands (we love vulnerable Johnny!)
Finding Neverland (mmm, GQ Johnny *swoons*)
Chocolat (a surprisingly good movie!)
Pirates of the Caribbean 1 & 2 (Yes, I liked the second one. Get over it! LOL)

Which brings me to my son's themed birthday party. Lately, he's been in love with pirates, and that is thanks solely to Captain Jack Sparrow, perhaps one of the most beloved characters Depp has ever portrayed.




Johnny as Capt. Jack is amazing. His swagger, his slurring speech, his sex appeal... It's enough to make this damsel cry out to be pilaged! Whee! :D

Sure, Capt. Jack is dirty. He probably doesn't smell too good. He's got some dreads and bling on his teeth. But do any of us CARE?? ;)

Here's some Capt. Jack trivia for you in case you didn't know... Disneyland just added a Capt. Jack Sparrow animatronic to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Awesome. Disneyland also has a *character* you can *meet* of Capt. Jack. Dh and I haven't seen him personally, but we've heard the man who plays Capt. Jack in the park is SPOT ON and looks just like Depp. I cannot WAIT for our Disneyland trip this year!!

Oh, and I read an interview with Depp recently in a magazine where he said when he plays with his kids, he'll often do Capt. Jack impersonations.

Best. Dad. Evar.

Congratulations, Johnny Depp. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!




~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home