Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, January 08, 2007

So I Found Out This Weekend...

...that the Hillsboro Argus isn't "just" a mailed little newspaper for Hillsboro. I mean honestly, how dense can one be? I've lived in Hillsboro for HOW long and I don't know this?

Apparently, the Argus is an honest-to-gawd newspaper that is distributed via normal newspaper routes. You can buy it in the grocery store, in those newspaper cage thingies in front of restaurants, etc. It is only the *abridged* version that gets mailed to the residents. DOH!!

How could I possibly NOT know this?

However, I cannot help but feel this is one of those times where you can sit back and say you've received a "Bank Error in Your Favor".




Usually I'm the one making the big mistakes... The "Oh no, it IS a big newspaper!!" only to find out it's just a dinky mailed rag with barely five pages. **snicker**

But nope! This time, it's the other way around, baby!

Woohoo! How awesome is that?!?

Hillsboro Argus, how could I ever doubt you?



~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger Becka said...

To make me feel even more like a moron, the Argus has been in circulation since 1873.

**sigh**

Seriously, I need to crawl out from under this rock.

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home