Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Don't Understand Clingy Wives

Can someone please explain them to me? 'Cause I don't get them.

What am I talking about?

The wives that don't want the DH out "with the guys" later than 10-11pm. The wives that "forbid" DH from going to watch certain movies without them. The wives that demand every Saturday be free so they can make plans with their own friends. The wives that CONSTANTLY call DH on their cell phone either just to "talk" or to ask them questions that really could wait, even if their DH is in a life-or-death hand of Texas Hold 'Em. The wives who resent their DH's friends because he spends too much time with them instead of her, even when she's clearly invited to group gatherings.

Now, admittedly, if you have an insensitive man, I could see how some of the above might be his fault. The man who tries at every opportunity to get out of the house to "get away" from his wife, as it were. But I'm not talking about these men.

I'm talking about the men who are joked about in their circle of friends as being "whipped".

What's wrong with these women? Are they so co-dependent that they can't last one night by themselves? Are they *that* jealous of DH's friends?

I just don't get it. I REJOICE when my DH goes out to be with his friends. I love my alone time. Why? Because I can sit on my computer with no interruptions. LOL I can write to my heart's content and be off in my own little world. Now I'm not saying I don't love my husband or that I don't want to spend time with him, but I would never even consider being a clingy wife. Let him go see whatever movie he wants to see. Not like I can go with him anyway, since I've got 4 kids to take care of. But there's the thing. He's totally cool with me going to see movies with my friends and staying home with the kids as well. So there's no "taking advantage" of me because he knows I'll be staying home with the kids.

I don't care if he goes out to dinner with the guys... GREAT! That means I don't have to cook. No dishes in the sink. My kids are easy. Fix some Easy Mac and their good to go. Woohoo!

He wants to go to the lake for the day? See ya! I have a deadline to meet anyway. Have fun. LOL

Maybe it's just my personality. I've always been somewhat of a loner. I don't care if people spend time with me or not. Obviously if DH was spending ALL of his free time with the guys, I'd get preturbed, but he doesn't. Which is why I don't understand the wives that need to know where their DH is every moment of every day.

Give the guy a break. And treat yourself to some alone time. He married you because he loved you, not because you're his mom.

/end of rant

:P

~~Becka

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

Hell, I see it as an opportunity to be alone and write or just .. be ALONE!! *snort*

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ALOT of guys like clingy women if they are already on love wth them. I used to work in a genteleman's club as a bartender and 85% were there because they felt that their wives didn;t need them and would be fine with out them. If a man feels uneeded then he as good as gone. And besides what the point of being married and having two seperate lives. Where's the 2 shall become 1? I disagree because my husband loves to baby and take care of me. Vounerabilty is SEXY. See needy skinny sexy girls with sad eyes. And you find suckers lined up to let her cling to them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home