Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Guilty Pleasure

Do you have a favorite TV show that you probably wouldn't tell anyone in casual conversation? Well I have one that I'm not particularly proud of, but I just can't get enough of the show. It is so cheesy and so horrible, that I find myself tuning in every week just to find out what happens. It definately doesn't take itself seriously, and should not BE taken as a serious TV show.

I'm talking about WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO? on the SciFi channel.

Have you seen it? Total cheese, like a cross between "Big Brother" where they all live in a house, and "Survivor", where they get voted off the island . . . er, off the show. But instead of the other contestants voting them off, Stan Lee, creator of such legendary comic heroes as Spiderman and the Hulk, kicks them off. They are judged by their superhero worthiness.

I know. Believe me, I KNOW.

But I just can't help it. At first, I was like "what is this show?" Then I saw a little bit and was like "oh gawd, this can't be for real". After I watched one episode, I had DH set up the DVR to record it every week. :P I don't know what it is that calls me like a siren song; the campiness? The obvious over "acting" by these wannabe superheroes? The over-the-top drama? It's crazy. It's insane. I can't believe I'm even watching it.

But tomorrow, you better believe I'm going to be sitting in front of my TV, with my bowl of popcorn, and the paper sack firmly over my head. With eye holes cut out, of course. :P

~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Nancy Henderson said...

My fave is Wife Swap, where two wives swap lives for two weeks. It's on Monday nights at 8 est, channel 9.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home