Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, September 04, 2006

What the Hell Do I Blog About??

I could blog about Steve Irwin, but I'll just get depressed. :(

I could blog about seeing my book on the bookstore shelf, but I covered that on my website.

I could blog about how messy my house is, but again, that would make me depressed.

Actually, things are going good for me right now. Summer is winding down, and I'm kind of getting melancholy. I'm glad that the temperatures aren't so hot any more, but I usually get kind of "blah" at the end of the year. I can't believe my youngest daughter is going to be *5* on November 1st and that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.

And dear Lord, my birthday is coming up. For those of you who don't know, my birthday is October 9th. I'm going to be 32. Wow. I remember when I was a young kid, thinking people in their thirties were OOOLLLDDD. LOL Of course, I have a lot of online friends who would smack me upside the head for thinking I was a fogey. hehehe

But for two years into this publishing gig, I think I'm doing pretty well for myself. I got my first contract a few weeks after my 30th birthday, so it might SEEM like I've been around forever, but just a couple of years, really. :P I remember signing that contract thinking what the next decade would bring. Well, in 2007, all of my books are going to print. If each consecutive year sees more of my books in the bookstores, I'm hoping (fingers tightly crossed) that I'll be somewhat popular beyond the e-publishing world. By my 40th birthday, I want to be a recognizable name on the bookstore shelves. We'll see if that will happen.

But I'm on my way! :D

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home