Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, August 21, 2006

Ah, Nostalgia

My seven y/o daughter is way above her reading level. She's in the second grade, and she reads at about a 4th to 5th grade level, I would say. We recently went to the Goodwill, because we were going to be waiting in line for a long time at a nearby restaurant, so we went in there to poke around.

Aside from being one of the cleanest and most well-organized Goodwills I've ever been to, we sauntered on over to the kids books. There, we found a whole mess of Nancy Drew books for a buck a piece.

I used to love Nancy Drew as a kid, and in fact, whenever my dad would take us kids to the library, I'd always check out the books. After I was done freaking out over my forgotten childhood (LOL) we bought all the Nancy Drew books they had (about 5). Now, my daughter is reading them and really enjoying them!

I've actually asked her if I could borrow them when she's done. She giggled, but said yes. :P I'm actually excited at the prospect of reading those old Nancy Drew mysteries again. I can remember many a lazy summer day curled up with Nancy and her sleuthing skills. It's gonna be great.

I can't wait! :D

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home