Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Becka's Moment of Zen

This video I found is awesome. Some fan put it together, and it's just of still pictures set to music, but the pictures are very poignant, and the song is wonderful.

The song is "Yours" by Steven Curtis Chapman, one of my favorite singers. If you'll remember, I blogged about him in May after the tragic accident that took the life of his young daughter. Recently after the accident, Mr. Chapman re-recorded a NEW verse for this song as a reminder that even though bad things happen, it's all part of God's plan. The song with the new verse is available on iTunes, and yes, I've already downloaded it and have it on my iPod. :P I absolutely love it.

THIS video, unfortunately, does not have the new verse, as it's an older vid, but I thought I'd post it anyway, as I love the song and it really pulls you out of the day to day of your life to realize, "Yup, it really does all belong to God."

If you're not into religiosity, might want to skip this vid. If you have an extra 6 1/2 minutes, enjoy!



~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Blogger Becka said...

FYI, Steven Curtis Chapman will be on Larry King TONIGHT, Thurs. 8/7.

If you do a search online, you can find a video he did for ABC news, I believe. I watched it. Very sobering.

~~Becka

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Luann said...

What a beautiful video and awesome song. I've not heard Steven Curtis Chapman sing before - he has an awesome voice. I'd like to get a CD of his. What one would you recommend?

Mom

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Hey Ma, well... Let's see. For an older album, more rockabilly than pop-ish, I'd recommend "The Great Adventure."

Another one of my favorites is "Declaration".

"This Moment" is his latest one, with "Yours" on it, the song from the video. It also has "Cinderella" on it, which is a song that makes me BALL every time I hear it, because it reminds me of his daughter.

Even Mr. Chapman mentioned in his recent interviews that he wasn't sure he'd be able to perform that song any more, but he added one more verse to this song as well, which is also available on iTunes. So I'm not sure if that one will ever make it to any of his future concerts.

"Signs of Life" is good as well, and also a little rockabilly, but I'd get the other ones first if you're going to try him out. :)

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home