Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Much to Blog...

I've been neglecting my blog the past few days because I've been so busy with all the stuff going on in my life. Where to begin?

Well, first, let's begin by giving a HELL YEAH! to the ending of the best damn cartoon on the face of the planet, Avatar: The Last Airbender.





I don't care what you say, if you haven't watched this series from show #1, then you're not watching this show. It's not one you can "jump in the middle of". There's an epic story going on here, and you've gotta watch from the beginning. I have friends who aren't that into this show, and I'm about this close - ' ' - from disowning them. WTF??? How can you NOT like all the sweet-ass bending they did with the elements? And delving into the other things they figured out they could do - bend lightning, metal, BLOOD.... It was just too fricken' cool.


I'm so happy to see this show had an ending that stuck with Aang's character and didn't compromise it. Zuko always was and always will be my favorite character. Things didn't quite work out for him like I wanted... Zutara, anyone? **sniff sniff** Ah well. The show ended with a literal bang, and I just have to say I wasn't disappointed in the least. Love love LOVE this show.

As for the live action movie they're planning, I don't have much faith in it, to be honest. M. Night Shyamalan has been "signed" to do a trilogy, and I've gotta say, I'm not impressed. I do like *some* of his films, not all, but this storyline is a little too "out there", in my opinion, to be live action. It could be cool as an animated movie, but since it's already an animated series, that would be overkill. I'll believe it when I see it, let's leave it at that.

~*~

Recently, the Goingses went camping - again. We originally set out to Jones Creek, which is on the way to the beach. The sites there are first come, first serve, and of course, the place was packed with a capital "P". So, we and the friends we were camping with decided to have a look at Gales Creek and Elk Creek, which are just up the same road. Same story. Ugh. So, since we're halfway there, we decide to drive the rest of the way into Tillamook and see what camping is to be had on the coast.

Cape Lookout, where we camped last time, is booked to the gills, and every other campsite out there seemed to be full up too. Well f**k. This is what we get for not bothering with reservations. Seen as how the campsites were "first come first serve" where we originally wanted to go, and our camping buddy, "Mr. Man", told us it's never full when he's been there, we didn't think anything of it.

Now, we had three vehicles packed to the gills with camping equiptment and excited children. We couldn't disappoint the children!

We found a map of campgrounds at the Chamber of Commerce at Tillamook (which just so happens to be in the same parking lot as the Cheese Factory), and Mr. Man began "dialing for dollars." No one was open! Ft. Stevens had some sites, but it was an hour and a half away, and it was already 5pm. No fricken' way, man.

Finally, we found some random campsite that happened to have two sites right next to each other - the last two sites on the grounds. We said, "We'll be right there!" and headed out. We camped at a place called "Trask River", an out-of-the-way place with hicks and rednecks aplenty. It wasn't very private, and our sites were right on the main road, but thankfully, there wasn't much traffic aside from the campers' motor bikes and quads.

We even witnessed a wedding on the grounds across the street from us, complete with father of the bride wearing a red flannel shirt and a red ball cap, which he so graciously took off to walk the bride down the aisle (then promptly put back on once he sat down.) The festivities were then followed up by a riveting game of "after-wedding volleyball." Oh yeah, did I mention the rednecks?

Thankfully, our sites were actually a little ways away from everyone else, and the only noise we kind of got annoyed with was the late-night "hits from the 70's-80's" marathon from the camp across a small field from us. Thankfully, they didn't rock out any later than 11pm. So nice of them. If I have to hear "Brick House" one more time...

You can see pics of our camping adventures on my DH's flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/jimgoings

Anyways, that's all for now. I'm sure there's other stuff I wanted to blog about, but I can't remember now. :P Enjoy the pics if you follow the link!

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home