Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've Been Invited to a Booksigning!

I've been contacted by a local author, Jenna Bayley-Burke, who's invited me to do a booksigning with other local authors here at Powell's Books in Beaverton! It came out of the blue for me, so it's very exciting. :D

I will be signing copies of THE WOLVERINE AND THE ROSE, and the event will be held on September 19th at 7pm. I only know one other author at the event, Minnette Meador, a sweetheart, really, and I'm looking forward to doing a signing with her.

The line-up of other authors in the mix are:

Minnette Meador
Megan Clark
Elizabeth Boyle
Jenna Bayley-Burke
Delilah Marvelle
Dawn Calvert
Vannessa Gilfoy
Lacy Danes
Alexis Morgan
Mary Vine
Genene Valleau
Terri Reed

I'm hoping it will turn out okay, considering my other flopped booksigning, but of course, we'll have a lot more authors and more opportunity for interest. :)

I was just surprised Jenna approached me, and also touched that she'd want to include me. I'm sure I'll give you another reminder closer to the event, but if you're local and you want to meet me (and/or the other authors on the current list), mark it on your calendar! This booksigning will be held at the Powell's Books in Beaverton (not downtown, dang it! --Wouldn't that rule??) It's in the Beaverton Mall, off Ceder Hills Blvd. next to the Old Navy and Best Buy.

Woohoo! Many thanks to Jenna for approaching me. How exciting!

~~Becka

5 Comments:

At 10:00 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

That's awesome Becka! Very good mix and line up of authors too. Good luck.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Any time...and congrats on the baby!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Luann said...

Becka, that is wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you! Love, Mom

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Minnette Meador said...

Hey, sweetie! I'm so happy you'll be joining us! You should do much better at this one. We had a lot of people show up last time we did this at Powells. They are great there! BTW, do you have print copiesnow? If so, I've got a couple of other signings coming up, if you'r interested. Drop me a line! M:)

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Minnette is the reigning queen of booksignings in the area!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home