Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #7 ~ All My Blogs



Today's T-13 is all about my blogs. I have a few author friends who are stunned by the amount I have. Heck, I'm just a rabid blogger. LOL I love blogging. It's fun to instantly publish something to the 'Net. Believe it or not, I have 13 of them (however, I kinda cheated on the 13th...) Heheheh

1.) Becka's Babble ~ http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com ~ This very blog. It is my main blog. I write anything here, from personal to professional. :)

2.) B*E*A*S*T* ~ http://beastseries.blogspot.com ~ Yup, I have a dedicated blog for my BEASTie boys. :P This blog is written from the perspective of the characters in the books. Unless it's an obvious excerpt, every entry is original material you will not find in the novels. I try to update it once a week, but my schedule has been kicking my ass lately. I've been lagging. Right now, it's focusing on the third book in the series, NATURE OF THE B*E*A*S*T*.

3.) Legends of Mynos ~ http://legendsofmynos.blogspot.com ~ Just like my BEAST blog, this is a dedicated blog for my fantasy series. I have detailed character profiles on this blog, and I've also been using it to give the reader thoughts and feelings of the characters that aren't in the books. This blog is currently focusing on the second book in the series, THE WOLVERINE AND THE JEWEL.

4. Magic Mavens ~ http://magicmavens.blogspot.com ~ This is a blog I share with three other excellent authors. Donica Covey, Phyllis Campbell, and Ciara Gold. We're all on my author loop, The Magic of Romance, and we thought we'd band together and "share" our audiences. We also have our own monthly newsletter you can join. :)

5. Writers Across Time ~ http://writers-across-time.blogspot.com ~ This is another group of authors, mostly from Samhain Publishing, who've banded together through our love of historical romance. There are ten of us over there, and each of us blog twice a month, Monday thru Friday. My days are the second and fourth Thursdays of the month.

6. The Guffaw ~ http://theguffaw.blogspot.com ~ Did you know I draw crappy cartoons? Well, now you do. I have a comic dedicated to being an Uber Geek (echo echo). If you're not a geek, into geeky things (like knowing useless pop culture trivia) you probably won't find it funny. But hop on over and see if it's your cup of tea. I draw single paneled comics with stick figures in MS Paint. The art sucks, I freely admit, but it adds to the charm, I think. LOL

7. MySpace ~ http://blog.myspace.com/rebeccagoings ~ I pretty much use this blog as a "news" blog, since my Babble blog is more for fun stuff like the T-13, Random Pic of the Day and my Hottie of the Week. I keep readers updated with my writing progress on my MySpace blog.

8. Amazon ~ http://www.amazon.com ~ If you look up my books on Amazon, you'll find my "plog" on their "buy" pages (whatever plog stands for). I haven't updated it since last month, but I do keep it in the back of my mind. I usually post to it when something really cool happens. Since I haven't updated in about a month, that gives you an idea how often something "cool" happens in my life. LOL Actually, I could update about the award I just won...

9. Gather ~ http://rebeccagoings.gather.com ~ I found out about Gather from a man who joined my author loop and said "Come on over!" It's a website of networked friends, and you write articles and post pictures. It's not like MySpace. It's more like a blogging atmosphere, as people can comment on your articles and such. But you join different groups and those people can see your posts. I've made a few good friends on Gather. **Waves at Cindy K. Green**

10. Samhain Publishing Blog ~ http://www.samhainpublishing.com/blog ~ True, I only blog one time every three months on this one, but it still counts, yo! So far, I've posted twice since the Powers That Be started this project. It's been wonderfully received. I love the blogging concept for a publishing house to showcase their authors.

11. Fantasy and Enchantment ~ http://fantasyandenchantment.blogspot.com/ ~ This blog came into being when a bunch of Samhain authors wanted to do offshoot blogs for the different genres we write. There is also a paranormal blog as well as an erotic one, etc. However, I don't know the URL's for those, sorry. I actually haven't blogged to this one YET, but I need to get my name into the calendar. Probably sometime after my vacation. Wheee!

12. Bebo ~ http://rebeccagoings.bebo.com ~ I was introduced to Bebo about a week and a half ago. It's pretty cool, easy to use. I'm still getting the hang of it, and only have about 55 friends. So if you're on Bebo, befriend me, dammit! Not sure how often I'm going to blog over there, as you can see I have quite the load already, but I'm going to try and blog there at least once a week.

13. Rebecca Goings ~ http://www.rebeccagoings.com/blog.asp ~ Okay, okay, this is the one I "cheated" on. This is a blog I USED to have. It is now defunct. But it's still up! This blog used to be my main website, until I realized I was getting too many fans to just have a "blog" for a website. So I hired a web designer (Dawn Seewer of Dagian Designs RAWKS!!) and used that blog as my "official" Becka Blog. But it was boring **snore**. No one ever visited it. Everyone visited my Babble blog. Hmm. Wonder why...? Anyhow, I decided to axe that blog in favor of this one for my "official" official blog.

And there you have it. Thirteen of my blogs. Geebus. I'm writing all the damn time. But not necessarily on any of my manuscripts. LOL



14 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Penny said...

WOW, all those blogs must keep you busy! Can you keep track of everything you have written on each blog or do you need to go back in the archives to find out? I now I would have to go back into the archives or I would be repeating myself constantly.

Happy TTing!

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Becka said...

Not so much on my own blogs. But on the blogs I share with other authors, I have to see if they've already blogged about my subject before I dive in. :)

~~Becka

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to these links...Thanks !




Amy's Random Thoughts blogging Scavenger Hunt starts May 1st. Details were announced today.. Dont you want to participate?

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Michelle Pillow said...

LOL, how do you have time for anything else?

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Becka said...

Funny, Michelle. I look at your backlist and my jaw hits the floor. I think I've had the same thought about you at one point. Haha!

But the short answer to how I get everything done?

I have a clone.

~~Becka

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Holy cow, Becka, how the hell do you manage all that? Woman, you clearly fit into #8 of my TT today! LOL

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Becka said...

Hey, if it's free and has the potential to reach a lot of people, I'm all over it! LOL

~~Becka, the broke-ass ho who can't afford "real" promo. :P

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can barely keep up with my one blog, LOL.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger N.J.Walters said...

I'm in awe. I have one and that's more than enough work. LOL

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Nicole Austin said...

How do you find time to write? Ack! That's a lot of blogging!

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I dither about what to post on two blogs. Would you like to be my ghost writer? ;)

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Melissa Schroeder said...

Great list, BECKA

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

How do you find time to live out the experiences necessary to fuel so much writing? Do you post mostly stuff you've already written? You are very blog ambitous!

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Oh, I forgot, I also have my own dedicated forum on the Coffee Time Romance boards! :D But that's not a "blog" as much as it's just a tool to go talk with readers...

To answer your question, Frigga, I do live the experiences I blog about on my Babble blog (this one). However, on my other ones, such as my BEAST or Legends blog, all I have to do is get inside my character's head and blog from their perspective in the story. So it's not that hard.

Blogging on other blogs with other writers is easy too, because I just pick a related subject (like history or fantasy, depending on the blog) and write about it. Like this past Thursday, I blogged about handmade textiles from antiquity on the Writers Across Time blog. I also recently blogged about Cowboys and Indians on the Samhain Publishing blog, because they are indeed my passion. LOL

So believe it or not, it's not that hard to come up with blog posts. Of course, that's the beauty of being a writer. I can ramble on about nothing at all and make it sound interesting. Like this reply, for instance.

LOL

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home