Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Today is my 12th Anniversary!



That's right, today, March 25th, is my 12th anniversary with my DH.

"But Becka," you might say, "why are you blogging instead of spending time with the old man?"

Well, the "old man" has Walking Pneumonia. Gah. Remember how I thought I had it a couple of months ago?!? My youngest daughter has a touch of it as well. My oldest daughter and my son have bronchitis.

We took a fun family trip to the Urgent Care this morning (joy of joys) and the doc saw my hubby and three of my children. My son wasn't having a good time of it, as he was puking in their hand sink in the exam room, poor little dude. We all got sick back in January, and it's just been lingering. In fact, lingering so long, that it's no longer a viral thing. Bacteria has now descended into the lungs of the Goingses and now we've got antibiotics aplenty along with some puffers and Uber Cough Medicine (echo echo).

**sigh**

So much for taking our friend up on her offer to babysit the kids while DH and I go out to celebrate. The hubby has been in bed since we got home from the doctor's (about 11am) and it's now almost 5pm. He was in bed yesterday from 12:30pm to 8:30pm. :(

I feel for him, really I do. I got Walking Pneumonia Christmas of 2005. It was NOT fun.

So, here I sit, blogging away, while the kids watch the Goonies on their TV (gotta love the Goonies) and DH sawing logs upstairs doped out on Codeine and whatever the heck antibiotic he got from the doc.

I'm coughing a tad and so is my second daughter, but nothing "serious", at least, not right now. Hopefully, nothing will become serious.

So instead of steak and lobster, I'm pondering mac'n'cheese or PB&J for dinner. Yay. Wonderful day for an anniversary. lol

~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Joleine said...

Hey Becka, sorry to hear the crew is sick! If there is anything we can do, let us know :) Also, if you guys are feeling better on Friday, and can get a sitter, would you like to go out with Mike and I? Dinner and the like? Since you didn't get to go on Sunday.. :)

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Dinner with you and Mike sounds fabu, Joleine. However Jim just had a severe allergic reaction to one of the drugs he was taking, so I have to get him a different kind of antibiotic.

He has a head-to-toe rash that resembles and feels like a sunburn. His skin is hot to the touch, but he doesn't have much of a fever. Called the doc this morning who told us to get him on Claratin. Hopefully that will clear him up some.

If we're not better by Friday, we'll take a raincheck on going out. :)

~~Becka

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Joleine said...

Ouch, poor Jimbo! Hopefully he feels better very soon.. man, that has got to suck. I know all too well about allergic reactions.. well if this Friday doesn't work, then we can shoot for the 6th, as I hear you guys aren't gaming for 2 Fridays?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home