Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Becka's Random Pic of the Day



Okay, folks. Today's random pic of the day comes from either Canada or France, I can't tell which. Probably Canada, since the sign is in English first. This is the "famed" Hide Your Valuables sign, which, upon looking at the background, is probably prominent on a hiking trail, camping site, or any place where you might leave your car to go into the wilderness for a length of time.

First of all, I got a chuckle out of this picture. One, because the robber is clearly ominous. Obviously, people who rip you off are wearing trenchcoats and floppy-brimmed hats. Secondly, is he sitting on the hood?? Even if he's not, the guy is huge! Good Lord, I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley... And why can't you see the rest of him through the windows of the car? Very strange.

Another thing that struck me about this sign is the fact that it suggests locking MONEY in your trunk. Of course, we all should know by now to hide anything of value in your car, but when was the last time you hid a fat wad of cash in your vehicle? I mean honestly? I have left my purse in the car on occasion, maybe under the seat, but I rarely carry cash. And if I did have lots of it on me at the time, I'd be damned if I'd leave it in the car, even if I was going on a ten day excursion into the bush.

And last but not least, what's the most curious thing about this sign? In fact, it's so obvious, you'll probably shake your head and giggle at the inanity of it all.

>>THANK YOU, CANADA, FOR TELLING THE ROBBERS EXACTLY WHERE I HID THE CASH!!<<

**snort**

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home