Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Avatar Spoilers

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!! Highlight the hidden text to read this entry.

**sobs** Nooo!!! My Zutara dreams are crashing down! LOL The season finale of Avatar RULED. It was so flippin' sweet. Zuko *almost* redeemed himself and even had a tender moment with Katara. But he turned "back to the dark side" at the last moment. Sure, he's regretting it, but Zuko with Katara is fast slipping away....

Why do I say this? Well, because it's obvious to me now that Katara loves Aang very much. She risked her life to save his, and you can see it plain as day. I was hoping Zuko would fight *with* them and she would heal the burn on his face (which she almost did during their tender moment), but Katara used her healing water to heal Aang instead after he'd been hurt.

I think the writers are just playing with us. LOL They had Aang learn how to control his Avatar state, and one of the things he had to do was let go of those he loved, ie. Katara. So he let go of her in order to turn into a bad ass. So you're thinking he'll have to let her go and she'll get with Zuko, right? But then this whole thing with Zuko happened, where you think something good will happen and nope!

To the writers' credit, they are keeping us rabid fans guessing, but with only one more season contracted with Nickelodeon, I think it would seem contrived if Katara chose Zuko over Aang now, seen as how she's spent two FULL seasons with Aang.

I know, I know, I really need to stop obsessing and get a life. I'm sure all of the above made absolutely no sense to you just now. LOL But hell, I'm a romance author, so the romance is obviously what I'm going to hone in on. LOL

Even if it is "just a cartoon". :)

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home