Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Did You Know?

So I'm surfing tonight and I come across some random useless trivia. Usually stuff like this doesn't really shock me, but this kinda did. :P If you watch the same kinda TV I do, then you know who Clancy Brown is. He's been in a lot of great movies and TV shows. He was in the short lived but brilliant TV show "Earth 2" in the early '90's when the Sci Fi Channel was in its infancy:



And he also played the evil, but remarkably well-dressed Brother Justin on one of the coolest TV shows ever, Carnivale on HBO **until the bastages at HBO cancelled the series** (seriously, DH wants that sweet-ass "trenchcoat priest garb"):



He's one of those men that you can't decide whether he's hot--or not. :P I look at him sometimes and it's like "Hey baby" and other times, I go "eew". LOL Maybe it's the hair. :D I think he looks hot in both of the pictures above, however, he wasn't too enticing on LOST, I must say. He played the guy in the Swan hatch with Desmond. (mmm, Desmond **swoon**)

OK, I just gotta, folks. Random pic of Desmond. Let us all collectively drool together.



Now there's a man who should never ever EVER cut his hair. :P They showed him on LOST in a flashback with "shorter" hair. Just wasn't as yummilicious.

Okay, okay, so back to Clancy. So he's on the show I watch, Avatar: The Last Airbender. He plays Long Feng of the Earth Nation, enemy to the Earth King. I was searching through Wikipedia on Avatar the TV show and found Clancy's page. Did you know he plays the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob??



Now this totally threw me for a loop, because although there are those out there in the world that absolutely HATE Spongeboob, as we affectionately call him in the Goings' household, we love ol' Squarepants here in the Pacific Northwest. Some people find the show annoying, but I think it's hilarious. It's got a lot of adult humor in it. Sometimes it's raunchy, and that's what I love about it. I even have Spongebob checks. Yes, I pay my bills on Spongebob checks. Conveniently, here's one with Mr. Krabs on it:



Stone me if you will, but I am not ashamed. Hi, my name is Becka, and I love Spongebob. **eyeballs crowd**

Anyhow, it shocked me that Clancy was the voice of Mr. Krabs, because I would have NEVER put two and two together. His voice is so deep and gravelly, that thinking of him as Mr. Krabs who laughs like a pirate-- "Ar ar ar!" --is kinda surreal.

So Mr. Brown, wherever you may be, we lubs ya here in P-town. Word.

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home