Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'm a Browncoat

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you are NOT a Browncoat.

If you only liked the movie and not the series, you are NOT a Browncoat.

If you only liked the series and not the movie, what the HELL is wrong with you??

I'm talking, of course, about Firefly the series and Serenity the movie. Stupid f#&ing Fox. I hate that station. With a purple passion.

But they did give us 11 episodes (out of order, mind) of one of the best space operas EVAR. (Buy the DVD's and you'll get a few unaired episodes along with the 2 hour pilot **which they didn't show until they knew the series was going to be cancelled. Idiots.**) What made it so cool? The "western in space" made it pretty damn awesome. But aside from that, it had Nathan Fillion, Captain "Tightpants". If you don't understand that reference, you are NOT a Browncoat. :P



I want that damn shirt. LOL

The reason why I'm giving you a Firefly rundown is because something awesome happened last night. Nathan Fillion was on LOST!!! :D:D But I'm still growling inside. He was only a guest star, not a regular. I'd be down with Nate as an "Other". Oh yes, btw, I'm a LOSTie as well. Too many hotties on that show NOT to watch. :P (Desmond!! **swoon**)

But no such luck. Nate was only the scorned hubby of Monica/Kate in her flash back. Bollocks.



Le sigh.

So now I'm going to boast. I have an AUTOGRAPHED picture of Nate. He wrote "Jim and Rebecca, Stay Shiny! Nathan Fillion". (If you don't know what "Stay shiny!" means, you are NOT a Browncoat.) It has a place of honor in our home theater. We also have an autographed picture of Morena Baccarin, the lady who is currently playing the Orisai on Stargate SG-1.

Don't be shocked, peeps. I told you I was a geek. I even LITERALLY have a Geek Card in my purse. I'm not lyin'. :P

But aside from Nathan Fillion being a hottie, why do I love him so? Because HE is also a card-carrying geek.

Regard:



Yup, that's Nate GAMING. I love this pic. See that cube of green D6's he's got in his left hand? (6 sided dice for you non-geeks). He's prolly playing Capt. Tightpants in the Serenity Role-Playing game at GenCon. :P Yup, along with D&D and the other role-playing games out there, you can have a game in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Fricken' cool. DH and I were even playtesters for this system. Woohoo!

But Nate on LOST made my day. Just thought I'd shout out how much of a geek I really am. LOL

~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Woman, you are missing OUT!!! I lubs the Firefly/Serenity.

But that's probably because I have a penchant for westerns, Nate Fillion, and Joss Whedon. LOL

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home