Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, October 06, 2006

Dang, I'm a Slacker

Apparently, I've been forsaking my Babble blog lately. But my life is about as exciting as watching paint dry. LOL I did indeed finish my book a couple of days before my deadline, so hopefully I can start posting here regularly again.

I am throwing a virtual birthday party for myself all next week, and y'all are invited to come. I'm hosting it on my author loop, The Magic of Romance, where not just me, but all my author friends will be giving away prizes, posting excerpts, and even having cameos of your favorite characters. From Oct. 9th thru Oct. 13th, we'll be having fun fun fun on my loop. So come and join us if you can!

http://groups.google.com/group/themagicofromance

I had a dream last night that I was at a booksigning with a few other authors. I don't remember who they were now, but I was at some big event like RT or something. And there were these fans in a line waiting to get my autograph, and they were NERVOUS to meet me. That made me feel weird in the dream, I remember that.

I kept thinking, why are they nervous? I'm just a normal gal from Oregon who happens to write stories. :P Let this be a note to y'all. If you ever meet me at an event and/or booksigning, don't be nervous. I don't bite. I'm flattered, if anything, that people actually care enough to buy and read my books. :)

Of course, if I haven't eaten lunch yet, you might want to be nervous. Oh, and if you have something bad to say about one of my books, I would be nervous too. Uhm, if you pass me up without picking up one of my books, I think you should be nervous as well. :P There's no telling what I might do!

Seriously, folks, I'm not a Ninja. I don't flip out and kill people. :D



But if all you want to do is schmooze and get my signature, I'll be more than willing. Hehehe

~~Becka

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

I'll schmooze.. after all,you made me a loverly siggy.. *sighs* and looks at it.. I lurve it I do. *sighs some more* Becka.. I'm gonna be at Samhain..

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Becka said...

I heard about that from Phyllis Campbell, Jenna!! CONGRATS, WOMAN!! You'll love it at Samhain. :D You must be Snoopy dancin' big time. :P

See ya on the loops! :D

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home