Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, July 10, 2006

SCRUBS - Holy Cow, How Did I Miss This Show??

So DH and I were lamenting that all of the umpteen shows we watch are now airing re-runs until September. What are we to do?

Find new shows to watch, of course!

So we look around and find a show that has gotten a lot of high ratings, SCRUBS, a comedy in a hospital. Now, this show has been on for FIVE seasons. I've heard of it here and there, but never had any reason to watch it.

DH and I finally watched a few episodes of the first season, and now we're hooked. We literally spent all this weekend and today watching the entire first season. (DH stayed home sick today from work. No, not to watch TV... He actually hurt himself this weekend, but that's a different story.)

Anyhow, we're watching this show, and it's just so wild, zany, and off the wall, that it's right up our alley. The humor is spot-on to what we crack up at and I swear, I haven't watched a show that has made me bust a gut so hard in a loooooong time. I highly recommend the show if you haven't seen it. DH and I are excited that we have 4 more seasons to watch. :)

In other news, I mentioned that DH hurt himself this weekend. Here's the scoop. He helped a buddy move into their new house, and after the move, all the guys came over to our house to cool off in our pool. We have a 24 foot above-ground Dough Boy pool. Well, they swam for awhile and when it was time to get out, DH climbed the plastic ladder on the inside of the pool.

Now to get an idea of this ladder, it hangs on the inside of the water, has a top "landing", and then goes down the outside of the pool, so you climb up, stand on the top, and climb out.

Well, as my DH was climbing up, the ladder on the inside of the pool decided to detach itself from the top of the ladder just as my hubby has one foot in the pool, and the other foot on the outside rung. I have no idea why he didn't just step onto the top "landing" in the first place, but he was straddling the "landing" when this incident occured.

Needless to say, once the inside ladder gave way, my hubby went down, and thus, he did his first ever splits. Thank goodness he didn't smush the "boys" as he calls them if you know what I mean. But he did tear up his thighs pretty good. Oh, there were full-on tears, and anyone who knows my DH knows the man doesn't cry at anything. He's very much a "man's man". I felt his pain. Hell, I've had four babies. I've been spread to the four corners more times than I'd care to admit. LOL

So he stayed home from work today because the poor man is still hobbling along. But he's not whining and complaining much, and, oddly enough, he's not milking it. Strange. I should check to see if he still has his "MAN" membership card in his wallet . . .

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home