Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Am I the Only Schmoe On Planet Earth Without a Camera in Their Cell Phone??

Dang it all, people, today of all days, I wanted to have a camera phone. But alas, my phone is so "two years ago". I took the kids to the library today because A.) we had books due and B.) my contact at the library told me due to a change in the law, he needed a copy of my car insurance card before I could give a talk and book signing on their premises, so I went in to give him a photocopy of it. Strange, I know, and even he doesn't understand that little clause in da rulz.

(In case you didn't know, I'm giving a talk/book signing at my local library. LOL It will be at 2pm on April 6th at the Hillsboro Main Library, address is 2850 NE Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro , OR 97124. If you're local, you're more than welcome to watch me babble on incessantly.)

Anyhow, to commemorate this event, they made a sweet flyer for their bulletin board. It was a little bigger than an 8 1/2 X 11 paper, with fancy script writing announcing my talk, and a giant pic of an open book with two of it's pages turned in toward the spine to make it look like a "heart", all tinted red for romance. It was AWESOME! And if I'd had a damn camera phone, you'd be looking at the pic right now.

DH is always ribbing me that I never charge my phone. Hell, if my phone was my iPod, it wouldn't be a problem. :P But no one calls me, so I forget about it. I never use it except to send the random text message to friends. I basically have it for emergencies if I'm out and about by myself and need to call someone. But if I had a camera on that phone, I think I'd use it more and have the batteries charged so I could take pictures and blog about what I see. It's what my DH does on his blog.

*SIGH*

Well, my contract is up for my phone, so now I can upgrade. Have you seen those new *purple* Razr phones? Those are sweet. :)

Oh, and get this. I went to the doc today for a follow-up check on my diabetes. Lost weight, check. Labs look good, check. Cholesterol is good, check. Other weird things they check for in your blood is good, check. But... "I'm prescribing you a cream to put on your face for your Rosacea."

S'cuse?

Guess that redness on my cheeks wasn't from being flushed all the time and I wasn't just "breaking out" in little *gross* pimples. It's not bad, meaning, it's not like those ghastly pictures you see on the Internet, but it's enough to make you go, "Hey, what's that red spot on your cheek all about?"

Great. One more thing. So now, I've got this cream I gotta put on every day.

I'm falling apart, y'all, I'm tellin' ya. Better get in as many books as I can before body parts start falling to the wayside. lol

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

Uh about the camera in the phone thing? According to my boys (17 and 21) only a person whose home is a cave is without a camera in their phone. :) It is fun though. You can snap something and send it in a text in the blink of an eye. You love it with your kids.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home