Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, November 02, 2007

Becka's Hottie of the Week

I thought today, how can I combine my Hottie of the Week with the kick-ass concert I went to last night?? Didn't take me too long to put 2+2 together, as it was pretty much a nobrainer. First of all, I gotta tell you who I saw in concert. DH and I (and friends) saw Finnish rock band NIGHTWISH at the Roseland Theater in downtown Portland, Nov. 1st. So who's my Hottie? Mr. Tuomas Holopainen.



If you don't know this band, you obviously never watched my book videos for my Legends of Mynos series. Let me refresh your memory:

Legends of Mynos Video

The Crystal of Mynos

The Wolverine and the Rose

The Wolverine and the Jewel

The Wolverine and the Flame

Pretty much Nightwish IS the soundtrack of Lyndaria. :P In fact, IF they ever make a movie from my books (luckychickenluckychickenboomboomboom), I will personally request Nightwish either A.) writes the soundtrack or B.) writes the song they play during the end credits. I just LOVE these guys to death.

Okay, so you might be wondering who this Tuomas guy is. Well, he's the one who put the band together, and he's also the keyboardist.




I'd never actually gotten an idea of what this guy looks like until I saw him in person at the concert. He's (*singsong*) haaaawt! And let's talk about his skill with the keyboards. Wow. WOW. He wails. The coolest thing about this guy during the concert? The "rock stance" he took whilst playing said keyboards. LOL THAT was awesome.



As we all know, the band recently got rid of their previous lead singer, the opera-trained diva you hear on the songs I'd used for my Legends of Mynos vid. However, the lady they've gotten to replace her, Anette Olzon, is BETTER. True, Nightwish "loses" some of that operatic sound (is *operatic* a word?), BUT, Anette is a better singer. She's got more stage presence and the show isn't about HER. She sang some of their older songs and rocked them, putting her own spin on them. In fact, DH and I hope and pray Nightwish re-records some older stuff with Anette at the helm. Of course, they probably won't, but it would still be cool if they did. Anette definately has the pipes to keep up with this driving rock band and she was the perfect choice for new lead vocalist, as you can hear here:

Anette rulez

Of course that sample doesn't give you a good idea of her range, which is fantastic. She's a breath of fresh air for the band, who was suffereing a bit, I believe, from over-dramatacism (is that a word? lol)

Anyhow, I LOVED the concert, and if Nightwish comes to your town, GO SEE THEM!! You won't regret it.

Oh, and congratulations, Tuomas Holopainen. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!



~~Becka
http://www.rebeccagoings.com/

(Tuomas is pictured above with new lead singer, Anette Olzon)
((to see awesome pics of the concert, visit my DH's gamer geek forums at http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/264/))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home