Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, October 22, 2007

Hit or Miss

Yeah, yeah, I haven't been around for awhile, missed two Hotties in a row without a word, blah blah, yadda yadda.

In other news, let's talk about TV shows that suck, TV shows that rule, and who I think is getting the ax this season.

First up to bat: Heroes. Hit. This show is very popular and I LOVE it. It's got a guaranteed third season, and it could be one of those shows that will continue on into perpetuity. Unless subsequent seasons begin to suck, meaning, they continue to bring more and more characters into the mix until you're in a "LOST"-esque WTF? moment.

And on that note: LOST. Hit. Yeah, it's still got it, even if it still PISSES ME OFF!! *ahem* The show won't be back until February *choke* but they promise to air it with no interruptions. I think we'll need a few more shows of recap, guys. Pretty please? Because those recap shows got me all giddy. /sarcasm They say LOST will only go on for 5 seasons. I'm "lost" in that I don't know what the hell season we're in. After this season airs and is done, I might not fricken' care anymore. My brain is already numb. I'm only gonna watch this one in February because I've invested so much of my life in it already. And then there's Desmond. We love the Desmond.

Next up: Journeyman. Hmm... iffy. I pick miss. DH and I record the show and have been watching it since the beginning, but it just doesn't have that UMF a TV show needs. It is one of those blah "take it or leave it" kinda shows. Okay, he goes back in time to save lives. Yay. Why? What? When? Who? How? Okay, so I assume they're going to 'tell us' over the course of the show. But if I've learned anything from Heroes and LOST, it's that drawing out the mystery SUX ASS and giving you the answers bam! bam! bam! KIX ASS. It's up to you to decide which show SUX or KIX I've referenced above.

Bionic Woman. Miss. Are you kidding me? Even Starbuck from Battlestar couldn't save the show. We watched the first one and took it off our DVR list to record. It's a stinker, through and through. Perhaps we didn't "give it a chance", but GACK, if they want me to sit through more than one episode, you gotta make me care about some rogue Bionic Woman who can Totally Kick Bionic Woman II's Buttsky. Personally, I wanted STARBUCK (or Sarah, whatever her name is in the show) to win the day. I hope she still does. Even Totally Hot Asian Guy couldn't save this one for me.

Life. Hit. LOVE it. Okay, okay, so I'm biased about Damian Lewis. If it were ANYONE ELSE in the role, I probably wouldn't like it. He MAKES the show for me. It doesn't offer anything new to the TV viewing public, aside from some guy who's trying to figure out who framed him (aren't we all?) while spewing some mystic drivel while solving cases unorthodoxly. Is that even a word? Anyway, I love this show and I'm hoping Damian's good vibes will save this one. It's replaced Prison Break for me. I don't watch that show any more. In fact, is it still on?

Chuck. OMG, Hit. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show, and not even because Jayne from Firefly is in it. I love the humor, the over-the-top-ness, and wow, the main guy is an uber-hot-geek. I'm crossing my fingers that this one stays on the air. The opening credits need work, tho. Not so much a fan of those. But this one hits close to home because the Mr. and I are such Uber Geeks (echo echo) ourselves.

Pushing Daisies. HIT! Hit, hit, hit. If you like the weird and eccentric, you'll love this show. If you love all things Tim Burton, you'll love this show. I don't believe the man has anything to do with the show, but it's VERY much his kind of weird... weirdery. However, this one is so off the wall, that it will probably get canceled by the suits who don't understand a good thing when they see it. TV shows need a bit of the strange and macabre mixed with dark comedy. And dear Gawd, the episode where the big guy was knitting almost had me running to the toilet lest I pee my pants. This show is like a cross between Tim Burton and Lemony Snicket. It's one of those odd stories that as a writer, you kinda wished you'd thought of. Pray to the network gods this one doesn't go on the chopping block...

Yeah, that's about it for now. :) Anyone watch the same drivel I do?

~~Becka
http://www.rebeccagoings.com/

6 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger jb_dean said...

Becka, You nailed them!

Of course Lost is fantastic and yes, we all love The Desmond! :D Have to agree with you on Life, too. Damian Lewis simply makes the show but the stories are darn good, too. But he's got that edge that can go smooth or rough, deep or surface. He is amazing in the role and I can't imagine anyone else in it either. It just has to be a winner. Haven't seen Chuck but hear it's a winner. Will have to take a peek.

Now ... Journeyman. I had such high hopes for this one. I mean I had really high hopes but I guess they just didn't pay off. Since the premiere eppy it's been down hill. I actually fell asleep half way through ep 2 & 3 and while I managed to say awake for ep 4, I turned it off before it was done as I was bored. Never even tuned into ep 5. And Bionic Woman? Please, can someone just say, "Buffy Meets Smallville" and get it over with?

LOST Desmond.com

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger jb_dean said...

EEK! How did I forget Pushing Daisies? Love that show, too! I'm really surprised that there are so many good new shows. But I am still waiting for Lost to return in Feb. But Life is tiding me over very nicely, thank you. :)

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger jb_dean said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger jb_dean said...

Please excuse my oopsies and followup posts. I'm not feeling well ... flu maybe. :( But I just noticed you said Lost has 5 seasons. Nope. We're promised 6. Show should conclude in 2010. Next season up is 4 with 2 to follow.

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck was my "Hot Dork of the Week" a week ago. LOL He's a cute geek.

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

Heya Becka.

I'm with you on Pushing Daisies. Dr. Suess meets Dead Like Me...how could it fail? And I love Chi McBride. He's awesome. (and I'm not the only woman in the world who thinks he's rather hot...am I?)

Oh and...um...Hiya! Long time no talk ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home