Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oh...My...Gawd!!

I have found the Mother Lode of all wheat-grain bread loaves! And completely by accident, I assure you. The other day, I was shopping in Costco, and as we all know, the Costco in Hillsboro, OR is the biggest one in the US. :P Well, maybe YOU didn't know, but we in Oregon like to brag. Anyhow, what you SHOULD know is that Costco gives you a bajillion free samples of food on any given day.

So on the day in question, I was wandering down the cereal aisle and came across a lady making toast. I thought, "Hmm. Kinda hungry for toast." I grabbed a piece, took one bite, and immediately sprinted to the bread wall with the rest of the ravenous toast-loving shoppers. Dear Lord, this stuff is wonderful. And it's not even made with FLOUR!! I didn't know that was possible. What kind of bread is it?

Healthy Way Twenty Loaf

The "twenty" stands for the twenty grains they put in it. Now, don't get me wrong, I am SO the opposite of buying organic and healthy. Nine times out of ten, if something says it's organic, I go the other way - in part because Oregon (Portland in particular) is known for it's "granola-eating hippies" and I just cannot stand the whole organic kick 'round these parts. HOWEVER, this bread is da bomb biggety.

It's got kind of a nutty flavor and is perfect toasted with REAL butter - no margarine crap, folks **eyeballs crowd**. Buy real butter, you cheapy cheapertons, and partake in some yummy yumminess.

Now, I think Healthy Way is a Canadian bread maker. I'm not sure if you can get it if you're A.) not a Canadian and B.) don't live in Oregon/Washington. Perhaps you can order it off the website link above? I dunno. But if you find this bread in your local grocery, buy it. You won't be sorry (unless you hate wheat/organic/grain breads). I actually haven't had it for a sandwich yet, as I've only eaten it as toast for my breakfast, but I'm sure it would be wonderful. But I've learned one thing.

Now, every Costco shopping trip will include a few loaves of Healthy Way Twenty. :)



~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, that sounds really good. I'll have to look for it.

I hope it's not just a BC canada type thing.

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and re: butter

I 'try' to have it on hand for toast and I DEF use it for baking. But at 5.00 a pound...I don't buy it that often. Mashed potatoes, veggies and scrambled eggs are just fine with margarine!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Becka said...

I hear you there, Lisa. I have margarine in my house too. Butter is for baking and rolls, margarine is for cooking, mostly. :) But butter is so much better! lol

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home