Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, July 27, 2007

Has a Song Ever Opened Your Eyes?

Warning, I'm waxing religious today, so if you don't want to hear it, just click on by.

~*~*~

Has a song ever opened your eyes? I mean, really given you something to think about? I have a song that's done that for me. As you all know, I'm a Christian, and for most of my life, I always wondered why God told Moses at the Burning Bush to tell Pharoah that "I Am" sent him to free his people. What kind of name is that? I am... what, exactly?



God's actual words were: "I am that I am." Yes, the Good Lord said it millenia before Popeye ever did. LOL

So awhile back, while listening to Christian radio, this song comes on. It's by Mark Schultz, and the title is called, you guessed it, "I Am." And as I'm listening to this song, I'm getting chills. For the first time in my life, I realize the *why* behind what God told Moses. The simplicity of "I Am" is also what makes "I Am" complex, and I know that's a conflicting statement, but it's the truth. What God meant was: "I Am... Everything."

I've uploaded the song in question to my website, and if you have a way to listen to MP4's on your computer, you can download it and listen to it yourself. I still get chills when I listen to it. Perhaps it will enlighten you as well to this little mystery.

http://www.rebeccagoings.com/music/iam.m4p

Is there any song you've heard, religious or no, that made you look at something in a different light, or made something click inside your head that you might not have understood otherwise? I love finding songs like that, personally, and they quickly become my favorite tunes. :)

I hope you enjoy "I Am" by Mark Schultz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home