Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

I am proud to be an American.
I am proud of the men and women who fight for our country.
I am proud of the brave families who send their children, siblings, spouses to war.

I will never take my freedoms for granted.
I will never take our soldiers' sacrifices for granted.
I will never turn my back on our troops.

I will remember the fallen who died to preserve my way of life.
I will remember the fallen who died to keep my children safe.
I will remember the fallen who died for people they will never know.

I say thank you to the fallen, for your noble sacrifice.
I say thank you to those still serving, fighting for me, for my family, for our country.
I say thank you to the families; through your love and support, our country is protected.

I do not know you, but I'd hug you if I could. Today, my flag flies in honor of you.



~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home