Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, March 30, 2007

Becka's Hottie of the Week

This week's hottie is a man I've known for over half my life. Well, I don't *know* him personally, I've known *of* him. In fact, I've even talked about him a few times on this blog. Once, when I told y'all I was going to his concert back on my birthday in October, and another time when I admitted to having his poster hanging above my bed as a teen. :P

That man is Mr. Michael W. Smith.




I was first introduced to his music in 1988, nineteen years ago. Good Lord, has it been that long?? Of course, back then, Mr. Smith ("Michael W." or "Smitty" as everyone I know calls him) had permed hair and somewhat of a mullet... But we won't go there. :P

One fact has remained, however. This man is extremely good-looking and has taken very good care of himself over the years.

Did you know his birthday is Oct. 7th, just two days before mine? But did you also know that he's going to be 50 this year? Yup. The big Five-Oh. Wow, you've done well, Michael W. :)



I'd say he's one of the more famous Christian singers, probably because he's been around forever, but also because he's got some great songs. And his voice is very unique, gritty, almost nasally, but that's his style. You can say with 100% certainty when a song comes on that it's him singing due to that voice. :P

I grew up listening to this man's songs, and I'm still an avid fan. In fact, when I went to see him in concert, it was the first time for me. I was SOOO excited!! :D

Some of my favorite songs of his are (click on song titles to take you to the Amazon snippets):

Emily

Friends

Place in This World ~ very poignant when I was a kid

You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)

Live the Life

The Stand

And that's just to name a few. Michael W. was a good "friend" to me growing up, and his music helped me through a lot of troubled times. Even today, I still love his work. And heck, I still love to look at the guy! :P

Congratulations, Michael W. Smith. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!




~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home