Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, March 09, 2007

Becka's Hottie of the Week

For those of you who were left scratching their heads yesterday after my Thursday Thirteen wondering who the heck "Chris Tomlin" was, this post is for you. :)

There is a man who is a rising force in the Christian music industry. In fact, if you go to a church where the music is more contemporary rather than older hymns, you've probably sang one of his songs and just didn't know it. The way his worship songs are circulating and getting so popular today, he reminds me of the "next" Rich Mullins. That man is Mr. Chris Tomlin.




Mr. Tomlin has written songs that touch the heart, songs that are used again and again in church services. (The following lyrics are actual linkies to the soundclips on Amazon.com)

"How great is our God, sing with me how great is our God, and all will see how great...how great is our God..."

"Indescribable. Uncontainable. You placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name..."

"...we bow down and worship Him now, how great, how awesome is He. And together we sing... Holy is the Lord, God Almighty..."

"...sing praise, sing praise. Forever God is faithful, forever God is strong. Forever God is with us, forever..."




While you may or may not listen to Christian music, there is one thing you can't deny. Chris Tomlin is a hottie. I had the opportunity to see him in concert a few years back, when he came to town with Steven Curtis Chapman and Casting Crowns. He was signing autographs along with Casting Crowns after the show. I'd bought some Casting Crowns swag that I wanted signed and then I was going to pop over to meet Chris. But once I was done at the CC table, Chris had already packed up his table. :( I wish I'd gone to see Chris first, because the CC table was still there and going strong when my friend and I left. However, I can say I got to see Chris before he became a Christian superstar. :D



If ever he comes to Portland again, I will be there with bells on. Along with my DH, perhaps a few friends, and my kids, because they all love him as well. (probably because I listen to his stuff all the time. lol) And if my kids end up embarrassing me if I ever get to meet him--"Mommy thinks you're handsome!"--well, that's just a risk I'll have to take. heheheh

Congratulations, Chris Tomlin. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!


~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Blogger Michelle Pillow said...

LOL you are a blogging queen! I saw your list, :) Thanks for stopping by the blog. Have a great day. I'm going to um, read stuff and look at pictures. ;)

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Becka said...

LOL! Thanks for dropping by, Michelle. :) And yeah, I got a lotta blogs... Keeps me out of trouble. :P

~~Becka

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Denise Patrick said...

I love Chris Tomlin, too. His songs are great!!! Yay!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home