Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Nalini Singh's VISIONS OF HEAT Meme

My friend, Nalini Singh, is doing a "viral blog" experiment to get the word out about her new book, VISIONS OF HEAT. Because I *love* the cover, and because Nalini is such a great person (and her books are pretty good too **wink**) I've decided to participate. Enjoy! :)

If you want to participate, follow the instructions at the end.

~*~*~

The VISIONS OF HEAT meme





1. Which psychic power would you most like to possess?

I'm so lazy, I'd love to have telekinesis. I mean, imagine what you could do. You'd have your very own "Force" a la Star Wars. You could summon Diet Cokes from across the room . . . retrieve the wayward TV remote, even load the dishwasher from afar. And don't forget the most important. You could dictate your entire novel to your keyboard without the constant worry of that hated "Carpal Tunnel". :)

2. If you could see the future, what would you like to see?

Hmm. I think if I looked into the future, I might be depressed with what I find. I don't necessarily *want* to know what's going to happen in my future. I could find out someone I love has passed away or my life is in a shambles. However if I were to go totally selfish here (rather than trying to see if we find a cure for cancer or the plug the Ozone hole . . .) , I'd want to know how my writing career will fare in the years to come. LOL Which would, most likely, make me depressed . . . :P

One thing that would be cool about "looking into the future", is maybe get premonitions about things right before they're going to happen. I'd like to think I had the power to change things and that the future isn't written in stone.

3. Imagine you woke up one day and could shapeshift - what would you shift into?

Easy. A dragon. That one's a no-brainer. Sheesh. LOL Seriously, it would be awesome to be a dragon, able to fly, shapeshift, breathe fire, weave magic, strike fear into the hearts of thousands . . . heheheh

>:D

4. What kind of a paranormal creature would you invite over for dinner if there were no limits on who you could ask?

Perhaps the heroes of my B*E*A*S*T* shifter novels, because they're pretty dang sexy. :P Maybe Frankenstein's Monster, because he's so misunderstood. An angel, because that would be too cool. A ghost, because it would be fun watching them try to pick up the fork and knife. Gandalf, because wizards kick ass. A unicorn and a pegasus, because I loved those when I was a kid. Yup, that would be an interesting dinner party, to be sure. :P

5. Which future innovation do you wish would hurry up and get here already? i.e. flying cars, a transporter, computers with artificial intelligence, an auto chef?

The affordable, self-cleaning kitchen. I'd probably do more baking.

~*~*~

This meme was begun by Nalini Singh to get the word out about her next book, Visions of Heat [ http://www.nalinisingh.com/visions ] (releasing March 6).

Want to play, too, and enter to win a $50 Amazon voucher plus an ARC? Click http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2007/02/visions-of-heat-meme.html for details.

:D

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home