Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, January 01, 2007

This and That -- 2007 And All That Rot

Well, this is the "official" first post of 2007...





How boring. :P

Seriously, folks, did you think I'd have something cool to say? You've been reading my blog for how long and you don't know that yet?

Actually, I'm trying to figure out why THIS blog is more popular than my author blog (http://www.rebeccagoings.com/blog.asp) Prolly because that blog is just not... well, exciting. Does anyone actually read that one? I don't know why I don't post over there more often. However, with this busy-as-hell year, (EIGHT books releasing) I'm sure I'll be postin' over there more and more. Didn't have a lot of exciting "news" to post on my author blog this year. :(

So what exactly is the "draw" of Becka's Babble? Inquiring minds want to know. Is it the lame attempt at humor? The amusing photographs? The frequent updates? Or a combination of the lot of them?

I know for a fact that one of the members in DH's and my circle of friends "outted" this blog to the rest of our "circle" (thanks a lot, Kyle! :D) a few weeks back by posting a linky to one of my Avatar posts and now they read it every now and again. Don't think I don't know you read this drivel, guys. . . Oh yeah, we're all Avatar: The Last Airbender geeks in the Pacific Northwest. Was there ever any doubt? :P




My 3 y/o son knows the entire spiel of the beginning of the show and even acts it out. "Water, Earth, Fire, Air...." DH wants to shave our son's head next Halloween and dress him up as Aang with an arrow painted on his head. LOL That would be sweet. If we do that, I'm sure I'll regail you with pics. :P

I read a fabulous book over the New Years weekend. DEVIL IN WINTER by Lisa Kleypas.



Yes, it's so good, it deserves a big-ass pic on my blog. Loved, loved LOVED that book. RUN, don't walk, to buy your copy. And if you've already read it already, let's collectively sigh together.

**LE SIGH**

I'm a sucker for emotional love stories, and a book that can make me cry and shout and read until the wee hours of the morning is a keeper. I've never read one of Ms. Kleypas's books before, but hot damn, I'm gonna stock up!! :D I can only wish my stories will be so awesome once I've been doing this writing gig nigh on 20 years.... I've had people compliment my writing up and down, saying I need to be with New York, yadda yadda yadda. But you know what? I can tell when a writer is just plain better than me and Lisa Kleypas is better that me. :) I'm not ego-tripping, merely stating a fact. However, I did just start my writing career two years ago, so I've got 18 more years to go before I'm up to her caliber.

Yup, 2 years ago my first book was released, HOPE IN THE LORD from By Grace Publishing in January of 2005. Seems like so long ago now. I knew nothing of promotion. I still feel clueless and I'm just feeling my way along, but judging by sales, I guess I'm doing something...write (pun intended nyuk nyuk).

Okay, I'm aware that I'm rambling, but I really have nothing of importance to say. I have absolutely no idea how to start the third book in my BEAST series and my publisher needs the first chapter by mid-January in order to get it ready as a "teaser" for the print of B*E*A*S*T* OF BURDEN. (perhaps this is news for my author blog, but screw it, I'm rambling so I'm just gonna do it here. No one reads that blog anyway. lol) I have an idea of where I want to go, but I'm just not feeling that first chapter. I gotta get this third BEAST book done by April 1st, I've got to do my brutal self-edits on THE WOLVERINE AND THE JEWEL, the 2nd book in the Legends of Mynos series, I gotta then write an historical novella *and* finish 3rd Legends book, THE WOLVERINE AND THE FLAME, by June 1st.

Thankfully, I did finish and self-edit PROMISE ME FOREVER, a book that was *taking* forever to write (TWO years.) **whew** Am I glad to get rid of THAT book... It's just a "vanilla" contemporary, about ordinary people, and it was so damned BORING!!! I don't think I'm going to write a "vanilla" contemp again. Don't get me wrong, the BEAST series is contemp, but it's got suspense and paranormal stuffage going on, so it keeps my interest. Now this is not to say you shouldn't BUY this book. lol The story itself is good, but it was just so very hard for me to write. Ugh. With a capital Uh.

And dear Gawd, this post is going on forever. I'm sorry folks. If you've gotten this far, thank you for faithfully reading my ramblings. If you've fallen asleep, ZZZZZ...

:P

~~Becka
Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home