Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Becka's Hottie of the Week

Before y'all lynch me for my pick this week, lemme explain my choice. :P I'm not one who usually jumps on a "HE'S HOT" bandwagon simply because others find a man hot. I find a man hot on his own merit. With that said, I remember when I saw Titanic on opening night at Mann's Chinese Theater back in '97. Geebus, has it been almost a DECADE?!?! **sobs**

Anyway, LOVED the movie, and I don't really care if you didn't. :P (It's my blog, I'll post what I wanna. hehe) DH and I saw Titanic in the theater 8 times. We own it on DVD now and we frequently watch it. I've lost count how many times. But we don't watch it because I'm an avid Leo fan. We don't watch it because DH loves the Kate Winslet eye candy (although he's freely admitted that's a lovely perk to the movie lol). But I remember the fervor over Leo (I say as if I actually know the guy well enough to "call" him Leo :P) with teenage girls. I remember being in the theater and watching them all go ga ga over him. Literally. This one girl jumped in her seat whenever he was on screen.

Calm down, Beavis.

While I thought Leo was attractive, he never actually made it to my OHMYGAWDIMUSTWATCHEVERYMOVIETHISMANHASEVERMADE list. He always had this "baby" face, like the guy you had a crush on in high school. I've always enjoyed men who have more character to their face--not "wrinkles" per se, but just more of a mature look, I guess. Then, one evening when I went out with my friend to watch a movie, we saw a preview for the movie Blood Diamond, Leo's new one. I sat up, stared at the screen and said to myself, "Oh. My. Gawd!"

IS THAT LEO???

Holy cow, the man has grown up is all I can say! He now has that "look" I find sexy in a man, the mature look. Leo is one month younger than me, so I guess that means I'm getting older too. **sobs** But heck, he's got it goin' on now. Whoop whoop! And I'll *definately* be there to watch his new movie.

Congratulations, Leonardo Dicaprio. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!



~~Becka

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM , Blogger Becka said...

"You're so stupid, Rose! Why'd you do that, WHY?"

:D

I think I saw that movie at least 5 of those times with you, Lees. **wink**

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home