Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Becka's Christmas Loot

Okay, okay, so I said there wouldn't be an update until after the first. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit. :P Anyhow, I thought you might like to know what I got for Christmas this year, and maybe share a bit of what you got as well.

Music:

Kutless: Live from Portland CD/DVD combo (I was THERE, baby!)
Chris Tomlin: See the Morning
Twila Paris: House of Worship
Corvus Corax: Venus Vina Musica

Books:

Lord of Desire
Lord of Temptation
Lord of Seduction ~ all by Paula Quinn (yay!)
Devil in Winter ~ Lisa Kleypas

DVD's:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ~ Hey, I liked this movie, so get over it.

Kitchen Items:

Wooden spoons
Tupperware
New dishtowels
Brand new set of dishes; service for 16 (praise God)
Brand new dinnerware utensils
Under the cabinet SONY radio/CD player (awesome)

Computer:

Mousepad
Drawing pad ~ One of those cool pads and pens where you can draw into the computer instead of using the hated mouse.

Art:

Painting of the prostitute washing Jesus' feet with her hair. Very awesome. If you don't know the story, blow the dust off your Bible.

Beautiful wreaths hand-made from my sister and her mother-in-law with pretty fake flowers; one large wreath, two small ones.

I believe that is all I got, aside from stocking candy. :) Was Santa good to you this year?

~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Becka said...

We don't "do" Santa at my house either, however, it's hard to cut back on gifties when every relative you have insists on giving *each* of your four children 2 to 3 gifts. It adds up. *sigh*

I think Christmas morning took us... 2 1/2 hours to get through. And I'm actually surprised it didn't take longer, there was so much loot under the tree. Most of it was for the kidlets, even though my husband and I got a lot of stuff. Just goes to show how *much* my kids got... Wow.

~~Becka

 
At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you got all that stuff for Christmas. I'm so jealous of the drawing pad, not that I can draw mind you.

I got new pjs, memory for my computer, clothes, a new vampire romance, two pair of shoes, socks (men's, what the?) and various household items. :o

 
At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW - I have since learned that Mary Magedalene was not a prostitute. The only negative reference to her was that she had seven demons cast out of her. It's possible that the seven demons refers to the each of the deadly sins, but we can't be sure. There isn't actually any reference to her being a prostitute though. You can tell I blew the dust off of my bible. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home