Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, November 08, 2008

31 Weeks Pregnant

I'm 31 weeks pregnant today! Which means "little" Sophie is about 4 pounds and 17 inches long. At my last ultrasound, she was 3.3 pounds, which was 3 1/2 weeks ago. Considering the baby will be gaining about 1/2 pound a week until birth, I figure since then she's got to be around 4 lbs.

My Braxton Hicks contractions are getting a little more "powerful" than a mere tightening in my belly. Whenever I get them, they last for about an hour or so. They're more uncomfortable than they've been in the past, so whenever I get them, I'm very aware of how long they last and how frequent they come. I've never had a baby *this* early, but dang, these contractions sometimes feel like the beginnings of real labor, so I'm more in tune with them.

Of course, it could be my own anxious-ness to have the baby. :P

My next doc appt. is on the 13th, next Thursday, and I'm assuming at that point my doc is going to have me schedule my final ultrasound to check baby's weight at 36 weeks. I have 9 more weeks to go, but I'm thinking it's actually going to be sooner than that, since the doc wants to induce me early, and there's talk of doing so before the end of the year. I'm kind of hoping the baby will come on her own in December so I won't have to be induced. I'm not a big fan of "La-tee-da-feelin'-goo-HOLY-CRAP-I'M-IN-HARD-LABOR!!" :P

Anywho, just a quick update with me and bebe. We're doing good, I feel like a stuffed turkey most days, sometimes describing it as feeling "15 months pregnant". LOL The only thing that sucks about Braxton Hicks is the tightening also pulls on my ligaments and I've got to lay down or risk Deep Hurting. Ah well, par for the course, I suppose.

~~Becka

5 Comments:

At 5:57 PM , Blogger Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've heard of the terror of induced labor and I hope you don't have to go through that. A little added tax deduction for 2008 would be good.
I hope there are many writers reading your posts. Sometimes I've read books in which the heroine is pregnant, but it's quite obvious the writer has never been through it herself. Anyone could pick up some good pointers from the information you share as you're going through this wonderful time.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Christopher said...

Suck it up!

Karen did 18 hours of induced labor, then had a c-section when Owen refused to budge. So rub some dirt on it, Nancy! =P

Karen never had Braxton Hicks, though. We did find out that Baby Ryan is measuring a couple weeks ahead of schedule on his size. We'll probably go at least a week early on the scheduled c-section just so that we don't get a 12 lb monster.

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Did you just call me NANCY?!? Ahem!

Yes, while it's true my stories don't come close to the horror that was Karen's first birth, I did have my fair share of complications (plural), I'll have you know. Hannah was in distress and they had to suck her out with the vacuum because she was already in the birth canal, and Levi was inverted, or "sunny side up" as they call it. Not breach, just turned with his face up instead of down. So instead of a butt I felt in my belly, it was knees. Thought he was going to pop out of my stomach like an alien - rubbing up on ANYTHING was excruciating. Good thing I had an epidural during his birth, because the doc just went spelunking with both hands to turn the kid inside me - that is, after I'd been pushing for a couple of hours.

Of course, nothing comes close to the monster that was Owen... *cue creepy slasher music* Ree!Ree!Ree!

Good move on getting the baby out early if this one is on the path to gigantism as well. LOL

~~Becka

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

alexis is only three pounds thus far...I had an appointment yesterday, and it sounds like so far we are still on for Dec. 30th. Which is fine by me...not too early not too late...just ready to have baby, as going on walks is getting more and more painful!!!!

 
At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to catch up. Of course now it's almost two weeks later and things are probably different.
I'm thinking of you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home