Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Monday, January 14, 2008

ONCE

First of all, let me start this post by saying, "Wow." Better yet, "Fookin' Wow." O.O

DH and I just got done watching a fan"fookin"tastic independent film. It's title? "Once". It is about a songwriter in Dublin, who sings his songs on the street for money. It's there he meets the girl of his dreams who teaches him a lot about music, life, and love.

Now, you might say the movie by itself was fantastic. Which it was. But the soundtrack... Dear Gawd, the soundtrack was to DIE for. If you like gritty acoustic love songs with a little bit of piano thrown in, then THIS is your film, folks. Dayam. I haven't had a film impact me like this in a very long time, if at all. I'm just amazed, not only by the storyline, but by the talents of the singers in the movie, who wrote and played all of the songs themselves.

Check out this link:

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/

There, you'll hear the song most featured in the film, as well as the others in the film if you keep clicking through them. I believe it was the power of the music that made the movie leap off the screen for me. On Wikipedia.com, it says they made this movie for $160,000. That is AMAZING. For such a fantastic movie. Dang. I want to watch it again right now.

If you see this movie at the video store or on Netflix, do not hesitate to rent it. If you see it on the shelves at the store, BUY IT. Holy crap, you will NOT be sorry. I promise. Heck, I fookin' promise!

This movie is easily now one of my very favorites in all the world. Please do me a favor and see it.

DH went online and immediately bought the soundtrack off of iTunes. I have no doubt we will be buying the DVD in the near future. I'm still in shock and awe. What a great, great flick. I wish more movies were so simple and touching. It's called "Once". Don't miss it, whatever you do.

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've sold me. I'm going to check this out. I need a movie or music for background when I write. I'll be looking for it.

 
At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip I'll look for it!

The last movie I got really excited like you about was when I saw The Red Violin a couple of years ago. Great movie btw :)

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Yeah, DH came home from work today with the DVD in his hand. :P We want to let the kids watch it, because there's no sex, no violence, no horrible situations--but it's rated "R". For language. They say "fookin" all the time. LOL

But the kids would like it, I think, and really dig the music. We'll see.

~~Becka

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home