Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Pros & Cons of Pregnancy

Without anything to blog, I decided it might be nice to come up with a light-hearted pros & cons list of being pregnant, and then I'll tell you what's going on with me in my pregnancy.

First, we have the PROS:

1.) No period for 9 months. (yay! And I didn't even have any hot flashes!)
2.) Everyone dotes over you. (Are you all right? How are you feeling? No, let me get that.)
3.) Looking forward to the little one - all the possibilities, all the cute little clothes and decor.
4.) Boobs get bigger.
5.) Everything tastes like a million times better.
6.) You want to take little cat naps throughout the day (big one for me - I love to sleep lol)
7.) You get to pick out your favorite names.
8.) You can feel little signs of life inside of you, a kick here, a jab there.
9.) You get to go shopping for new clothes. For yourself!
10.) Your friends/family throw you a baby shower.

Now, for the CONS:

1.) Yeah, that shopping trip for your new clothing was because you're ballooning like the Goodyear Blimp.
2.) Your boobs might be bigger, but they hurt like a bitch. DH might have fun, but you sure won't.
3.) You feel like a stuffed turkey 24/7.
4.) Sure, you feel signs of life, but when they start playing soccer with your kidneys, that's when you start to "fight back". (Oh yeah, Jr.? How about this? **jabs own belly**)
5.) At nine months, you have to pee so bad, but your baby's giant head is pressing against your bladder making the task nigh impossible, so you must do the lift and hold method on your belly to take the pressure off. (Look at the size of that head! It's like an orange on a toothpick!)
6.) Labor. 'Nuff said.
7.) That nine months of no period makes up for itself in the weeks post baby. You'll think all nine months hit you at once.
8.) Now that baby is here, the silence is gone.
9.) Diapers are fricken' expensive!!! (btw, Huggies are the only way to go, folks. The ONLY way. I hate Pampers and any other generic diapers with a purple passion. They only gave my babies Uber Diaper Rashes **echo echo**)
10.) Breastfeeding. (Is that baby drinking breast milk or shards of glass?)

~*~

Heh. Quite the list up there. I've been feeling the baby move recently, which is just about impossible, considering I'm only 7 weeks along. Supposedly. You see, I couldn't remember the date of my last period, but I know I had one in November. But the baby is moving so frequently, that I'm thinking perhaps I had a period in my first month of pregnancy.

You see, moms don't usually feel the baby move until about 15 - 20 weeks. Veteran moms can feel it between 12 - 15 weeks. But I'm not even there yet. So I'm either further along than I thought, or there's more than one in there. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE I just have *gas*, and anyone who brings it up will be *smacked*! lol I've had four spawn, I know what it feels like to have babies move inside you.

DH is skeptical and even the doctor said it was unlikely, but they moved up my appointment anyway to see what's going on. They're going to do an internal ultrasound on Wednesday to find out exactly how old this baby is by it's size, and find out once and for all if there's only one little tyke in there.

You see, I've been feeling the "movement" in two places. On the lower left, and in the lower middle, down underneath my belly button. My uterus feels like a cantelope. Just so the doctor doesn't "poo poo" my baby's flutterings as *gas*, I've decided to keep a "baby movement log". So every time I feel baby move, I record the time in the book, as well as what the movement felt like (rolling, pressure, fluttering) and where (left or middle). Either there's one big baby in there, or there's more than one baby in there.

We'll find out for sure on Wednesday. Of course, it's way too early to find out the sex of the child(ren) *gack*, but at least I'll know how old the tyke is and whether or not we need to plan on keeping our 15 passenger van. (We were thinking about trading it in. Heh.)

Anyhow, that's what's going on with me. I'll give you another baby update on Wednesday after I find out what's going on in there. I wish it was Wednesday right now, dammit. I'm not a patient person. LOL

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

egads Becks! I am not a patient person either! Why did you do this to me?? :) :) :) Just kidding...kind of. I will be checking often for the update on Wednesday and cursing the three hour time difference.

How exciting. And crazy.

Whatever is going on, I'm praying for a healthy happy pregnancy for you.

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the results on Wednesday. Another thing to remember, don't sit down too long to write. Those varicose veins will get you while you're pregnant. Take care and put your feet up once in while.

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

congratulations, Becka!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home