Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pampered Chef

Today, I went to an awesome Pampered Chef party held by the sister of a friend of mine (who's also a friend of mine.) I was excited to go. I've only ever been to a Pampered Chef party once, about a DECADE ago. Yeah, it was nice to attend the party this time, seen as how I had the money to buy something this time around.

Becka + ten years ago = broke-ass ho

Becka + now = not so much

Why was I so excited? Well, because of those round pizza stones. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. I wanted one so badly, because you don't have to just make pizza on them. They're good for cookies, rolls, scones, calzones, appetizers, anything you really want to bake on a cookie sheet. It gives you even browning and crisping. I've wanted one forEVER and now, I finally had my chance to buy one.

Now, once I get to the party, I'm overjoyed to find out that they now have a new pizza stone - one with handles on the side, for easier lifting out of the oven. SOLD!



Yes, I bought it and I'm giddy, GIDDY I tell you, to finally own one. Apparently, you cannot wash them with soap. Like a cast iron skillet, you merely rinse and scrape off the debris and allow the food to season your stone.

Imagine my dismay when I open the catelog only to find TWO FULL FRICKEN' PAGES of stoneware cook ... ware? I wanted it all! Problem was, each item was over $25. If I was say, independently wealthy, then yeah, I woulda gotten every damn thing in the book. lol But as it was, I had to stare at the stoneware muffin pan, the stoneware casserole, the stoneware breadpan, the stoneware mini-loaf breadpan, the stoneware large bar pan (for making bar cookies and brownies, etc.), the stoneware bundt pan (OMG, I wanted this one sooo badly!).

O.O

I now have a new purpose in life: I must replace every last casserole dish and cookie sheet, breadpan, pie plate, and covered baking dish with stoneware. I have been assimilated.

For me, who's only just begun to realize that I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally love baking, finding that the Pampered Chef stoneware line goes far, far beyond the pizza stone was like finding the Holy Grail, if you will. And so, on that note, I promptly scheduled a Pampered Chef party of my very own. At least then, I will get a fixed percentage off of the stoneware, and I will be able to reward myself with more stoneware cookware in the future.

Because I will own it all, oh yes. Fear not. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but someday. Blessed someday.

Oh yeah, and I also bought a pizza cutter (because who doesn't own a pizza cutter, honestly? Apparently me, before today lol) and one of their 2 quart mixing bowls that has a pour spout and a lid, the one you can refrigerate, microwave AND bake in. Yeah, I like options. Actually, I like the idea of mixing pancake batter and/or cornbread batter and merely pouring it into (or onto) whatever I want to cook it (them) in (or on). :)

This may come as a shock, I know, but I believe I'm getting the beginnings of carpal tunnel. :( Therefore, whenever I mix something by hand in my mixing bowls, it is very hard for me to hold them up to pour into a prepared pan. Holding a mixing bowl that has a handle and a spout just made my life a bajillion times easier. :) Yay!

The lady who showed off all the goods told us we should get our swag before Thanksgiving. I'm VERY happy about that. Gonna be watching out for the sexy FedEx guy now. Yet another thrill to look forward to! Yeehaw!

~~Becka
http://www.rebeccagoings.com/

5 Comments:

At 4:07 AM , Blogger LisaBisa said...

I just went to my first pampered chef party in about a decade recently as well. If you didn't order it, GET THE BOWL. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :) I use it all the time!

For my thanksgiving dinner, I used it for every dish except the turkey and the cranberries.

 
At 5:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I didn't read that carefully, I'm glad you got the bowl. It totally rocks!! :)

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Becka said...

LOL Lisa, crazy woman, I *did* buy it! Hahah! I love the fact you can bake in it. I don't know if I'll ever use that feature, but it's pretty cool, nonetheless.

Depending on how well I like it, I might get a couple of bowls for those days I "might" make lotsa stuff. :P

But the beautiful thing is, you can buy any of their products online, you don't have to worry about going to a "party".

I must be getting old, tho, because I actually enjoy those parties. lol

~~Becka

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger Joleine said...

Hopefully hubby got some good hints from this post for Christmas ;)

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger LisaBisa said...

I was reading at like 7 am, my eyes were still half glued shut. :)

A friend of mine made a princess cake from that bowl. It turned out awesome...I wish I had a girl so I had a reason to make a princess cake! :) I've threatened my dh with an over the hill cake next year when he turns 40 out of that bowl.

When I used it for every dish, I did my preparing, then transferred to the serving dish. Then, prepared the next thing. Potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, they all had a turn in my bowl. :)

I also like the parties, I think they are fun. I think I just like food though :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home