Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Friday, June 29, 2007

Becka's Hottie of the Week

Rarely do I know who my Hottie is going to be days in advance. I usually pick someone I've seen or heard about within the week in my own life. What you may or may not already know, I've submitted a proposal to Cobblestone Press for their new Vampire Oracle series. I've chosen the TOMB theme according to a story idea I've had for awhile now. I announced this submission on my author loop and my good friend Phylis asked me if I had a picture of what my hero looked like. (waves at Phylis) Anyhow, I thought and thought until I finally came up with someone. Who did I choose? Mr. Ioan Gruffudd.



Ioan's name is one of "those" names you stare at for ten minutes but have no idea how to pronounce. It's pronounced "Yeoh-an Griffith". He played the sweet, yet sexy, Horatio Hornblower, one of the best historical high seas shows I've ever seen. If you've never taken the time to watch this show, please make the time. It is excellent watching Horatio transform from a naive, green officer to a kick-ass captain throughout the course of the show.



Not to mention Ioan's curls are just too dang adorable! :) Mr. Gruffudd also stars in two other movies you may have seen. King Arthur as Sir Lancelot:



And Mr. Fantastic in the Fantastic Four:



Loved King Arthur, not so much the Fantastic Four. Too campy for my tastes, but watching Ioan on screen is never boring. :P He seems like one of those men who are impossibly nice and too dang polite for their own good. But that's the reason he's so charming--because he really *is* that charming!

Congratulations, Ioan Gruffudd. You're Becka's Hottie of the Week!



~~Becka

3 Comments:

At 12:28 AM , Blogger Kate Davies said...

Mmmmm... good choice!

I remember when the first Horatio Hornblower movie was on TV. My hubby was planning to watch it, and I was planning to ... not. He turned on the show about ten minutes late, I walked by -- and two hours later, we were glued to the set, waiting for the encore presentation so we could see what we'd missed at the beginning!

I watched every one of those movies. Ioan is totally slurp-worthy -- and the films are just smashing great adventures.

Thanks for sharing, Becka!

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

oh yum yum yum! LOL!!

Becki
VoteForBecki.com

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oooh, he is hotness!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home