Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Letting the Bag out of the Cat. Wait... Strike That. Reverse it.


Well, y'all, I feel like the woman who cried "wolf." I can't believe this is happening to me again, and in fact, when I found out, I literally yelled, "ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?"

You see, I'm pregnant. Again.

I'll give you a moment to wrap your head around that little nugget. Don't worry, I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes, folks, you are not being punk'd, I'm seriously pregnant again. Almost 10 weeks. Friday will be my 10th week. I found out around the beginning of May, but delayed "going public", what with the dire outcome of a few months back. My friends and family will think this is old news, as DH and I decided to tell them. But I wanted to at least have my first doctor's appointment before I shout out to my publishers and readers.

I went yesterday, and was actually congratulated on all the weight I'd lost since January, which is around 43 pounds, give or take. In fact, I haven't gained any weight - yet. I'm managing to hold my weight so far, fluctuating up and down between a 5 pound window day by day. But it's perfectly acceptable to lose weight while pregnant, as long as you do it the right way, with diet and exercise. In fact, a pregnant woman needs no more than 300 extra calories a day. Perhaps that's why I'm maintaining my weight, as I'm eating normally, with perhaps an extra snack if I'm feeling rumbly. Maybe the baby is taking those extra 300 calories from my fat stores. Who knows.

I do know that if I can manage to maintain my weight throughout my pregnancy, then that means I *am* losing weight. When you get pregnant, you have the weight of the enlarged uterus, the weight of the baby, the weight of the amniotic fluid, the weight of the increased blood volume, not to mention the increase in your breasts (which DH is highly fond of, btw - just wish they didn't hurt so badly.)

Right now, I'm in nausea/sleepy land. I swear, I could sleep all day long if I could. I haven't puked yet, but I get nauseated all the time. Sometimes while I'm eating. I'll be hungry, then after 4 or 5 bites, I'll be like, "Ugh, take this away from me."

I have two more weeks before I'm out of the "miscarriage zone", as the first three months are when it's most likely to occur. In fact, on the very day of my 12th week, June 27th, I'm going to get an ultrasound to determine the correct size/weight of the baby and when it's due. We're probably looking at a January baby, which is funny, since my youngest son has a birthday in January. Maybe I'll have two January babies! A few of our friends are hoping it'll come in December, for the tax break. LOL Lord knows with the economy the way it is, maybe I'll ask them to induce! No, no, no... :P

What's funny about this is, two of my other real life friends are pregnant as well, both of them also due in January. Our three husbands are all best friends, so that's what makes it rather poignant. Musta been gettin' it on 'round the same time! Wacka chicka bow now! Heheh

So. Becka is Knocked Up Take Two. This is my do over - my reboot, if you will. I'm a firm believer that there are no coincedences. For whatever reason, the Good Lord wants me to have another one. Last time, I miscarried around 6 weeks, now I'm 10 weeks along. This one is looking good so far, aside from the fact I feel like I'm lugging around a small cantelope. LOL

I'll keep you updated as things progress, but I just wanted to let y'all know why I haven't been around much lately - because I've been asleep!! :P

Gah, here we go again...

~~Becka

(for those of you keeping a tally, this will be baby #5 for the Goings clan.) :D

16 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Blogger Phyllis Campbell said...

AWESOME!!! Congrats, woman. You'll carry this one full term, I just know it.

Take care of yourself and the wee little one...

~Phyllis~

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Cindy K. Green said...

Aw! I'm so happy for you Becka. :) What a sweet surprise.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Luann said...

As the ecstatic recipient of yet another awesome grandchild to come, congratulations (again)!

Love you lots! Mom

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Misty Williams said...

Congrats, Becka!!! Wonderful news. :)

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger LisaBisa said...

That is wonderful! Congrats!!

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

lets nap!!! I'm so glad you had your appointment finally it was killing me!!! My first appointment is monday and I am rather stoked!!! I'm starting to get way way excited! much love woman glad to get that out in the open now I can't possibly feel bad for flappin my jaws! xoxoxoxo

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Becka said...

Thanks everyone! In case you haven't deduced from the post, Valerie is one of my good friends who is also pregnant and due in January.

I'm so tired these days. I've been known to take two naps a day and go to bed early. And I'm so THIRSTY! It's like I've trekked through the Sahara at any given moment. I'd been drinking four 16oz bottles of water on my diet, but recently, I'm drinking like a fish. Water, green tea (flavored), and diet soda once in awhile. Been trying to phase that out for the most part.

The other day, I was CRAVING a strawberry Laffy Taffy like nobody's business. We're talking stomach rumbly, mouth watering craving. I got through it, tho, but I thought that was kinda funny. :P

Anywho, here's hoping the nausea/sleepiness goes away soon. Let's nap indeed. :D

~~Becka

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Ciara Gold said...

Big time congrats, Becka! Yep, the morning sickness part is no fun but ah, I so remember those cravings. Guacamole and cheetos. Now there's a combination.

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Jim said...

We need just one more to make it even! We can't stop at 5! *ducks*

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Phylis said...

HUGS Becka! And congratulations. I remember I craved fresh peaches in the middle of winter. lol And couldn't drink my favorite drink Dr. Pepper. Agony! Have you had the raspberry green tea? Yummy. I love raspberry. Take care! Phylis

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Melisse Aires said...

How wonderful! Take care of you

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

Pfft. I see Rebecca neglected to mention who else (besides Val) is having another baby. :P

She also neglected to mention how the husbands involved (Jim, Kevin, Christopher) are best friends and all have new children due within a month of each other.

Gratz on having the 5th on the way, though. =)

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Becka said...

Ahem. Senor Killian, let me quote my own post:

"What's funny about this is, TWO of my other real life friends are pregnant as well, both of them also due in January. Our THREE husbands are all best friends, so that's what makes it rather poignant. Musta been gettin' it on 'round the same time! Wacka chicka bow now! Heheh"

(Capital emphasis mine)

Didn't *just* mention Val! Sure, I didn't mention KAREN by name, but I didn't diss the fact that there are three women pregnant, and our three husbands are best friends!

Okay, so Jim (my DH) and Chris have been best friends since they were like 15. They're more brothers than friends. They both met Kevin when they all worked at Disneyland back in the day, specifically, Kevin and Chris worked together at the French Market, and Chris "brought Kevin home" to meet Jim and I.

When Jim and I moved to Oregon, Chris decided to follow, and Kevin followed after that. After a few years, Chris moved back to L.A. to finish school, while Kevin proceeded to meet a wonderful woman and marry her. Kevin still lives here in Oregon with the Goings, while Chris is now in San Diego working on uber top-secret math stuff for the Gov't, no joke.

Chris's wife's name is Karen, Kevin's wife's name is Val, and Jim's wife's name is Becka.

Satisfied now?!?

:P

~~Becks

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

Haha, yes I'm satisfied. I'll learn2read next time. I missed the part where you said they were all due in January--possibly my eyes glazed over at the mention of puke.

Have you thought of any names?

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Becka said...

We're still mulling them about. I'm sure we'll think of something definite once we get the "confirmation" of the sex via ultrasound. :)

I've always wondered if babies can actually hear the ultrasound waves?

~~Becka

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

Yeah, it's how they see in the dark... like bats. Huh huh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home