Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Becka's Hottie of the Week

Okay, okay, yes, yes, I've given you one other bike on this blog for my Hottie of the Week, but I just had to blog about THIS one. Why? Because I just bought this baby!



We went to the bike shop to buy my son a new bike (which we did) and saw this lovely bike sitting there in the showroom, calling out to me. Actually, we saw this bike before, when we bought my youngest daughter her bike. In the few weeks since, no one bought it.



I don't know why no one wanted it, I think it's beautiful. True, I'd talked about getting the pink Townie and tricking it out with the Hawaiian accessories, but the pink Townie was kind of expensive, and adding the accessories would have been about $200 more than this bike was on the floor.



So I thought about it, not wanting to buy it until we get the tax rebate owed to us by George W. next month. But DH overheard two other people eyeballing this bike, saying something along the lines of, "Well, you could always get that white Hawaiian..." DH walked right up to the sales guy and proclaimed, "WE'LL TAKE IT!" lol



It's kind of a blustery day today, so I only got to actually ride my bike for a few minutes up and down the street, but it's mine. My own. My PRECIOUS!!!



Oogle my bike to your heart's content. It's an "older" '06/'07 model, so they don't make them in white custom any more (even though you *can* get the Hawaiian doo dads), which means this bike is a rare find. It's a sweet ride, 21 speed. I haven't had a brand new bike since I was a kid. Congrats to me, as my new bike is Becka's Hottie of the Week!

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home